Thread: Annual picnic at park--finds

Annual picnic at park--finds

Last Sunday the newspaper had a short story of a neighborhood that had an annual picnic at one of the parks. There were kids activities, also crafts for sale and snacks and drinks for sale to raise money for the neighborhood watch group.
    Monday morning I went and detected a smal portion of the park, and this morning, I searched another small portion of the park. Took my Fisher F5 both times--- it's light and gets the coins very well.

More than half the coins were right on top of the ground-- being dropped and forgotten about.

In 2 mornings of about 3 hours each I retreived over 300 clad coins, 2 one dollar bills, almost 50 pulltabs and a few pieces of junk jewelry, and a dozen other junk metal items.
    The people cleaned quite a lot of the paper from the park already as there were numerous full trash bags, in and around the trash barrels on Monday morning-----they were gone ( picked up by the trash trucks) this morning.

There are still more coins to be found-----I will be going back... My mind wants to go--- now!!!!!! BUT, my body says --break time!!!! :-\

Here is what I got this morning...

[attach=1]

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin

Re: Annual picnic at park--finds

I've got say that 300 coins in 6 hours is some great (and tiring) hunting. Congrats on your annual clad count.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great job!!!!!!!!! Looks like your research paid off. Lucky you didn`t have to dig them all, then you really would be tired.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

thats some very good hunting you done there,10 min,brake is over,go find some more coins, lol lol lol
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Sounds like you had a productive hunt. Clad coins clean up and spend nicely!
    Joe Andresen

That is an amazing number of coins! WOW!

Time for some Aleve after that much bending and digging! lol
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Veteran Member

Sweet haul Robbie !! free money
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

Incredible number of coins

But seriously, how did the dollar bill sound on the detector? lol
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Very nice. You must be so tired. Thats alot of work for 300 coins but worth it i'm sure