Thread: It's a nickle magnet!

It's a nickle magnet!

I went back over to the iceskating park today to find some more goodies. There was a man there with his two dogs (big dogs) and he stopped me to let me know.... There have been about twenty people detecting this park in the last month. It's strange but all the times i have been there in the last month i haven't run into any of them. I haven't run into him before either. I also haven't seen any places that had been dug that i didn't do other than a few squirrel digs. Anyhow i don't think those other people are doing a very good job.
    Today i got another merc! A 1926. Also got 4 wheaties 34-D,44,52-D and 55-D.
    Only a total of .81 for the day. But good stuff!
    Nine of the coins were nickles!!! I still can't believe how many nickles the E-Trac is finding. It's like previous detectors never even tried to find them.

Here's pics.............

Attached Images Attached Images    
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: It's a nickle magnet!

Beautiful old Merc, and congrats on all of those nickels! Your E-Trac must be a lot better at finding nickels than mine is. Almost every time I dig a nickel signal it ends up being can slaw or a beaver tail pulltab. crying01

It sounds like you're doing a lot better job at the park than the others who are hunting there. Give yourself a pat on the back!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

[quote=Tony Two-Cent link=topic=7333.msg84773#msg84773 date=1318125028]
    Beautiful old Merc, and congrats on all of those nickels! Your E-Trac must be a lot better at finding nickels than mine is. Almost every time I dig a nickel signal it ends up being can slaw or a beaver tail pulltab. crying01

It sounds like you're doing a lot better job at the park than the others who are hunting there. Give yourself a pat on the back!
    DITTO Everyone else ether missed them or was to tired of digging tabs You da man lol

The other MDers that guy was talking about must have their disc up too high. Good job on the nickles!
    Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Golden Sabre II, Tesoro Cutlass II µMax, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro pointer
    Oldest coin, 1732 King George II Halfpenny

Awesome finds for a supposedly detected park. My son is always telling me that no place is totally detected (although I think I've hit a few that have been lol )

I'm still amazed at the amount of silver being posted.

Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Congrats on the merc a nice looking one and the wheats. Nickles abound with your e-trac. Nice hunting at a susposedly hunted out park. I hunt with a V3i and it to is a nickle magnet.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Good hunt The E-Trac is definitely a nickle magnet.
    Whites mxt sunray probe stock coil 6×10 4×6 Minelab Etrac Garrett pro pointer and other stuff

Very nice Merc, and your right about the nickles. They seem to do that every once in a while. Mostly I find pennies, but last week turned up 4 buffalo 1 war nickle and a handful of clad nickles. Been hunting since May and found more nickles in one day than I did the rest of the time combined. Nice Hunting. Congrats.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer