Thread: New Farm = Tri-fecta

New Farm = Tri-fecta

We got up and out early this morning. Theola got us permission to hunt a new place.
    It's a old farm house that's on our old maps

We were there less than a half hour and Theola found a1937 Walking Liberty half Slightly worn...but a great start!
    He put the pressure on early 8/ lol After finding a few wheaties in a little area I started to do a circle and grid technique in the area. I got a quick chirp that got my attention
    Diggin' down I find this

After a closer inspection...it looks like the back of a Merc!

Along the way I also picked up a nice 1907 IH thumbsup01 About a hour later I got a broken, deep sounding,penny signal. The E-Trac was showing 12-43 to 13-46 around the 9 to 10 inch marrk . But it sounded more like a penny than a quarter. Right about the 9 inch mark the PP was sounding off loudly!
    Prying up the soil from the bottom of the hole I see this come flipping up outta the dirt!

When was the last time someone held this in their hand?

Here's a cleaned up picture of my second ever Large Cent! thumbsup01

Here's the keepers all together.

We dug a ton of trash too. I gave a couple of toy cars to the little boy who lives there.
    Here's a couple other items I kept.

We had great weather all day. And we even brought home a few great finds!
    Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone

Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Re: New Farm = Tri-fecta

Nice trifecta Tim! I also like that Lubricating thingy. Are you going back to that place or did you guys hammer it pretty hard? Maybe try the field once the crops are down too. I'm jealous of your LC. The one I found is also 1854 but it was made into a washer and looks more like a copper slug than a coin! Congrats and HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

You are killing me here with your finds. I'm locked up with work and you just keep posting amazing hunts.
    A great big congrats on the LC. She's a nice one.
    I'm happy to hear Ted had a great hunt too.
    It's nice to see you are making up for lost hunting time this year. You are having an incredible year. |)
    Great pix by the way. thumbsup01

Congrats on the tri-fecta, Tim, and especially that large cent! It came out of the ground looking pretty good! I have found two also, but my last one was over 25 years ago. crying01

Nice looking Indian Head too, and an older Merc! Add lots of wheats and that makes for a really fun hunt!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Veteran Member

Nice LC and an overall awesome hunt!
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Wow! Those are some great keepers there Tim. The large cent is fantastic, big congrats on that one, they just don't come along that often around these parts.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Great digs! That Merc has some great details. The Indian head looks 100x better than most of the wheats I dig. And the large cent is fantastic! Congrats!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

You had yourself a great hunt. I can relate to the presure of a hunting partner finding a WLH right off the bat. You recovered well with your trifecta. That LC looks pretty good. Congrats
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great job Tim, isn't always neat to see a Large Cent in the hole, there are more valuable coins for sure but nothing speaks to me about a different era of time more than a Large Cent.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Great hunt with some great finds! That would be an outstanding hunt for me, no question.

Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Congrats on the silver, LC, IH, and wheats.
    MXT300 D2,950,6x10,4x6

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger link=topic=7367.msg85018#msg85018 date=1318215720
    Are you going back to that place or did you guys hammer it pretty hard?
    Both. We hit it pretty hard, and we're going to be going back lol We have permission to come back whenever we want. But we want to give the yard a chance to heal up a litttle. Plus we're hoping for a good rain....then go back! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by jkress link=topic=7367.msg85031#msg85031 date=1318223343

You are killing me here with your finds. I'm locked up with work and you just keep posting amazing hunts.
    A great big congrats on the LC. She's a nice one.
    I'm happy to hear Ted had a great hunt too.
    It's nice to see you are making up for lost hunting time this year. You are having an incredible year. |)
    Great pix by the way. thumbsup01
    You know what....thats how I was feeling about you before I got layed off lol
    Come on! Give a brother a chance to catch up would ya! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=7367.msg85045#msg85045 date=1318243937
    Congrats on the tri-fecta, Tim, and especially that large cent! It came out of the ground looking pretty good! I have found two also, but my last one was over 25 years ago. crying01

Nice looking Indian Head too, and an older Merc! Add lots of wheats and that makes for a really fun hunt!
    Thanks Tony! It was a really fun hunt!
    It might be 25 years before I find another one lol

Quote Originally Posted by randy link=topic=7367.msg85048#msg85048 date=1318247968
    Nice LC and an overall awesome hunt!
    Thanks Randy |)

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=7367.msg85053#msg85053 date=1318249054
    Wow! Those are some great keepers there Tim. The large cent is fantastic, big congrats on that one, they just don't come along that often around these parts.
    You got that right! Thats why I just had to share it with everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by z118 link=topic=7367.msg85055#msg85055 date=1318249438
    Great digs! That Merc has some great details. The Indian head looks 100x better than most of the wheats I dig. And the large cent is fantastic! Congrats!
    Thanks Z! Yeah I was very fortunate both of the old pennies held up real nice

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=7367.msg85059#msg85059 date=1318250193
    You had yourself a great hunt. I can relate to the presure of a hunting partner finding a WLH right off the bat. You recovered well with your trifecta. That LC looks pretty good. Congrats
    lol So you know how it feels too! I almost turned the tables after that find! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two link=topic=7367.msg85062#msg85062 date=1318250666
    Great job Tim, isn't always neat to see a Large Cent in the hole, there are more valuable coins for sure but nothing speaks to me about a different era of time more than a Large Cent.
    I hear ya Tony I almost immediately thought to myself What was the person doing that made them drop this coin?...right here?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=7367.msg85077#msg85077 date=1318259057
    Great hunt with some great finds! That would be an outstanding hunt for me, no question.
    It's a outstanding hunt for me thats for sure! I pretty much lost my concentration after finding the LC. lol

Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster link=topic=7367.msg85096#msg85096 date=1318265624
    Congrats on the silver, LC, IH, and wheats.
    Thanks ! HH

thoes are realy nice finds, good job.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

I'm a little late on this one Tim Love that LC!!! I cherish the only 2 I've ever found...

Congrats on all 3 of those and the airplane too thumbsup01 Great pic of the old house...
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by JTGOLD link=topic=7367.msg85217#msg85217 date=1318335049
    thoes are realy nice finds, good job.
    Thanks Terry! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=7367.msg85481#msg85481 date=1318510971
    I'm a little late on this one Tim Love that LC!!! I cherish the only 2 I've ever found...
    lol Thanks Tawna |) I'm cherishing my only two now too lol

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=7367.msg85481#msg85481 date=1318510971
    Great pic of the old house...
    Thanks! It's inspired by you |)
    I always like seeing the old places you've got permission to hunt in your posts!
    It adds a little something to it...you know

Congrats, great finds, would love to find a large cent.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Now asking when the last time the LC was held is a fair question. Probably before you Grandfather was a gleam in your Great Grandfather's eye. Wonderful hunt and some really great finds. Congrats.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer