Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another couple of good silver days

Veteran Member

another couple of good silver days

Yesterday I rearranged my work schedule (starting work at 5AM >:#) in order to make time to attempt to break my personal record of 19 silvers in one day; I figured I had a shot at it given my soundings and griddings at a site I've been poking around recently -- one that just produced a 10 silver day.

Got to the site and continued a grid adjacent to a previous hot zone, and pulled 17 silvers in 6.5 hours. The silvers were bursty, in fact, I got off to a slow start, but later hit 4 consecutive silver targets at one point. <: Unbelievable.

Had 1 hour left to pull 3 silvers to break my record. The working run rate was a little north of 2 per hour (and my definition of a honeyhole is one per hour), so this was definitely running hot, but I felt I had a chance at it if I pulled one soon.

Hit a beautiful deep silver sound, but was a clad dime at 7 inches >:# Hit another beautiful deep one, wheatie >{ Hit a third beautiful deep one, and after churning the dirt, not only hit the silver with my pinpointer, but saw the rim of another undisturbed below the churned dirt <: happydance02 which was a merc and 19th of the hunt.

Soon after hit another wheatie signal and opened it up, and found not only a wheatie, but a rosie for my 20th silver of the day, and a personal record. Finished out the hour and found three more silver coins for a total of 23 on the day, and 6 in the final hour. Unbelievable. Also pulled a sterling ring somewhere along the way.

Total hunt time 7.5 hours, 23 silvers.

Today started work at 5AM as well to get more time on the site, with a goal of pulling 8 silvers to make 300 for the year. Once again started off slow, not pulling a sliver in the first 90 minutes, but tons of wheaties, which gives you a confidence boost. Eventually had 6 silvers in the first 4 hours, before the rains hit >:\ >:# >:\

Decided to wait it out, and after about 20 minutes, was back swinging, and within a half hour had 2 silvers, for 300 on the year. (After the rain, also changed from channel 10 to channel 2 on the E-Trac; yesterday's hunt of 23 silvers was all on channel 2 -- I'm not superstitious, am I? lol).

Had about 3 hours left, and figured I could get a few more to keep a little double digit silver streak intact. But, the fish weren't biting, and more rain clouds were coming in. The story of getting the last two is so Hollywood its even more unbelievable than the rest of this, so lets just say I pulled 2 more silvers before the second wave of rain hit, at which point I decided to call it a day, and stress about whether to post any of this.

Total hunt time 6 hours, 10 silvers. Third consecutive double digit silver day.

Just a few quick notes -- on the 23 silver day, 4 silvers were slam dunks, 1 was the war nik, and the remaining 18 were E-Trac silvers. The next day, 9 of the 10 were E-Trac silvers. An E-Trac silver is one of those hard ones deep or in the trash. I think what makes this site so special is massive amounts of trash. Trash is your friend. What is interesting is that the quarters were often harder than the dimes. Many of them a CO 43 that you barely hear thru the trash, where usually trash is additive. Go figure.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Re: another couple of good silver days

Words fail.

|) |) |) |) |)
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Words fail me too. OMG!!!

I will come up with some words in a few minutes.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

and and last but not least |)

One question... are you Angel's long lost twin? rofl

Just an incredible couple of hunts here Randy... incredible.

I think I'm just gonna be sick! LOL All I can say is WOW! Congrats!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Just fantastic randy. It really is beyond words.

Thank you for sharing the hunts as well as the photos. It is inspiration that those silver coins really are there to find. |) |)

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

|) and |) and |) Simply amazing, my hat is off to you! Congrats!!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Excellent! Further proof to all the naysayers that there is still silver to be found at public parks. You just have to know what to listen for when detecting those highly trashy sites most have given up on, learning what the machine is 'saying'. Great job, Randy! You have accomplished something for which you can be rightly proud.

Those sure are some motivational pictures Randy!! Congrats on the spectacular day and also of meeting and probably exceeding your goal for the year!! | |
    E-Trac, X-1
    Sovereign GT, S-1
    Ace 250

Holy smokes Randy thats just amazing, big congrats on all that silver!

Fantastic work!!! Keep it up!

Btw, that's the number of my silvers for the whole year! lol

Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

[move][size=24pt]SPECTACULAR!!! [/move]
    Having fun is what it is all about!

|) Like everyone, I am speechless. You are an inspiration. Keep on digging. <:
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

|) Please take me with you.....absolutley fantastic post. Thanks
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Way to go!
    Garrett Ace 350
    Garrett ProPointer
    ---
    3 Indian Head Pennies, 16 Wheat Pennies
    1 Two Cent Piece
    2 V Nickels, 3 Buffalo Nickels, 2 War Nickels
    3 Barber Dimes, 1 Mercury Dime
    1 Barber Quarter
    1 Silver Ring

Those are the hunts that make you want to take up metal detecting full time! Congrats on the mega silver!
    Joe Andresen

|Randy, I have to agree, there are no words. |) |)
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Whoa! Just came onto this post...congrats! Reminds me of the old days. But now that represents some deep digging. Nice to see someone have a day like that. Funny how I can get caught up on another topic and miss something like this banner outing.
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Dang Randy! Please stay away from Colorado with your detector. lol That's very impressive. I would really like to be looking over your shoulder when you are swinging your E-Trac.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Holy , jumping , Jehosophat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( those are the only printable words I can come up with).