Thread: 1st etrac hunt

1st etrac hunt

Hi gang! I've had only Whites machines for the past 6 years. I've had all the latest and greatest ones. I ended up selling the MXT, TDI, V3i and DFX. The M6 is still my favorite but after 6 years it needed to go in for repair. Depth and ID has been spotty at best and a few weeks ago the screen went blank. It was sent in about 2 weeks ago. I should get it back by the end of the month. In the meantime I was left with my prizm 2 as backup. Good machine but I wanted more.
    After hearing all the good things about the Etrac and seeing all the great finds people have been digging, I decided to get one to see what all the hype is about. I took it out this morning for its first run. I kept it in coin mode for today just to get the feel for the sounds. I went to an old park I've been to 4923 time before with the M6 and found some pennies and a deep but not too old button. Then I went to a school and cleaned up some of the clad and a single wheatie.
    I'm going to like this machine. Its kind of like the M6 with the tones but it does go deeper. I was digging quarters and dimes at 9 inches that were loud and clear. Seemed like it could still pick up items further than that. The sound was strong.
    I'll stick with the stock coin program for a week or so then load in a cool deep program and hit 1 of my favorite over hunted spots.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Veteran Member

Re: 1st etrac hunt

Cool Steve !! Congrats on the finds thumbsup01

I've noticed all the great finds with the Etrac as well

Good luck with the new Detector
    V3i DFX 10 DD 6x10 DD 4x6 DD DX-1

You'll be pulling silver in no time! Congrats and good luck.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

I was somewhat sad to see Scott sell his E-Trac but I'm glad that it ended up in good hands! From the looks of that quantity of finds you are learning fast with it, Steve! I left my E-Trac in coins mode at first too, in fact I still use that mode often. Not only will an E-Trac find deep coins, but it is especially adept at locating coins that are in with trash. You will find that it produces identifiable coin signals even when the coin is laying in the ground with junk metal right on top of it.

Congrats on your first E-Trac hunt and may the be the first of many productive days!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Steve ,welcome to the darkside!!I think you will be glad you did.There is no better deep coin seeker in trashy area's than a Minelab FSB machine.I only have a humble Explorer with 287 silver coins this year with it.With the ETRAC top of the line,sky's the limit.Hit those pounded spots that have spit silver before and you will be surprised.Good Luck!! |

Great trial run Steve. Sounds like the two of you are going to be great friends.
    I'm definitely looking forward to see what you will be pulling up with the E-Trac. :->

I think you need to change your M6 finds of the day heading on your photos

Glad you like the E-Trac so far.

A word of caution, if you choose to keep using the factory coins program. It discs out half dollars for the most part. You would need to edit the factory program to remove the disc in the upper right corner (01-40 to 01-50) or you will miss half dollars.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=7440.msg85814#msg85814 date=1318730449
    8/ whoops 8/ lol lol

well i for one am sorry to see you go to the darkside Steve \ \
    but if your happy then i'm happy Steve , i hope you do well with it |
    hey how many times did you catch yourself swinging to fast

nice first finds with the new e-trac Steve
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

nice hunting Steve.....someday you will have to let me try you new machine
    *****IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING GOOD*****

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=7440.msg85819#msg85819 date=1318731964
    8/ whoops 8/ lol lol

well i for one am sorry to see you go to the darkside Steve \ \
    but if your happy then i'm happy Steve , i hope you do well with it |
    hey how many times did you catch yourself swinging to fast

nice first finds with the new e-trac Steve
    Dan, I haven't completely gone over to the dark side yet. But time will tell I did have to slow down quite a few times. But the worse thing was after digging a hole, reaching over to the machine to grab the sunray probe 8/ That is very next thing I NEED to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=7440.msg85814#msg85814 date=1318730449

Glad you like the E-Trac so far.

A word of caution, if you choose to keep using the factory coins program. It discs out half dollars for the most part. You would need to edit the factory program to remove the disc in the upper right corner (01-40 to 01-50) or you will miss half dollars.
    Thanks for the tip Angie I will edit that in before the mornings hunt. I read that halves, dollars and Large cents on edge wont come in with the factory coin program.
    I totally missed the heading error I'll make sure I take care of it before my next post.

Very nice that you got yourself an e-trac. The folks on this forum sure post some great finds with that machine. Hope you get some half dollars soon.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Good first hunt Steve. After awhile you should take a look at Angel's settings in the minelab thread. It'll make that deep silver sing out to ya! Good luck on the next hunt. It works great for me, i'm glad i got the E. |
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Nice finds PT. I see you got a pulltab in there . I just hate it when I find them things way out in the fields . They come in like a .52 cal. or a .36 cal. cs rev. The older ones .
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils