Thread: sssssilver !!!

sssssilver !!!

so i get home from work today still feeling like ive been run over by a truck (man cold) but looking at the stunning day i decided to suck it up and be a man.
    i call larry and ask him if he wants to hit a site my wife thought might be good, he says yes, and before long we are swinging happily .
    after about 10mins i get a signal telling me its a cent about 2inches down,so putting my detector on the floor next to the hole i get another signal ? im like huh ? so i move it again and place it a good 2 ft away......beeeeeeep.....im like what the f_ _ _ thinkingabout:.
    anyway i dig the first signal and low and behold 2 inches down pops out a 1903 barber dime !!!! my first ever.
    so i call larry over who is just as excited as me to see silver,i tell him i think i got 2 more signals ,one at 2 inches and one strangly on the top the first turns up a 1905 indian head and the second a 1889 indian head with nothing but a surface tree root covering it !!!!
    to say im happy is an understatement ......wow
    anyway here is the pics , the barber is an o and sadly not an s but ya know what ? i couldnt give a darn..........weeeeee

Re: sssssilver !!!

hey Lee , great looking barber dime the wife should pick out all your spots from now on lol lol congrats on the indians too.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Great find Lee.Looking forward to see my cousin Larry posting a silver find soon.He must be going nuts by now.Did you guys get it all ?
    Garret 1500, 2500 , AT PRO , Pro pin pointer

Beautiful barber dime lee! That spot is worth hitting again and again.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

nice to meet you at last coinhunter, and glad to see youve joined the rest of us nerds on here..lol.
    larry is but a swing away from getting somthing realy special thats gona make us both scream .......acturly we are both like a pair of school girls when we find things...im like weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ands hes like waaaay haaaay...lol

Hopefully he finds silver before the snow fly's. It can be a long winter waiting for spring.I have been known to hunt plowed snow banks in the winter near malls. 3 days ago I hunted an old ball field that Ive hunted 5 times. Found very few new coins but yesterday I found an 1877 fifty cent piece 4 inches down . Can't believed I missed it before. One thing I have learned you don't always get all the first time. I thought I would post the fine after Larry finds his first silver. Haven't found any gold coins yet and don't really expect to. If I do you will hear a scream from New York to Conn. When I first started metal detecting and made a good find my hands would shake and I would loose my breath. I think I got myself some what under control now.
    Garret 1500, 2500 , AT PRO , Pro pin pointer

Very nice. I love seeing silver. Great post. You have a great site researcher.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

Really great finds, Lee! Two Indian Heads and a Barber Dime would make my month! To find them all in one day is a special hunt indeed! I bet that made you forget about your cold for a while!

Congrats on the terrific old coins!

<------- You celebrating like a school girl. lol
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great lookin Barber and Indians. Congrats!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

ssssssssuper job lee!
    Great looking Barber. Nice IH's too.
    Excellent finds.

Isn't it great how a couple of IHs and a Barber will make you feel sooo much better! thumbsup01 lol
    Nice finds! thumbsup01
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=7468.msg86092#msg86092 date=1318899252
    Really great finds, Lee! Two Indian Heads and a Barber Dime would make my month! To find them all in one day is a special hunt indeed! I bet that made you forget about your cold for a while!

Congrats on the terrific old coins!

<------- You celebrating like a school girl. lol
    thats it tony,thats exactly the dance me and larry did....ha ha ha .....where you watching usthinkingabout:lol

Congrats Lee, thats one nice looking barber and nice IH's also

Lee, it was only a matter of time, congrats on the Barber and the IH's. Keep digging and heres hoping you get some more.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Silver and IH, now that's a really sweet combo.

Congrats on a great hunt!
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Lee, you have a gem when you found the Barber. Don't think I've see one that nice in a very long time. Congratulatons!
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Congrats on the Barber Lee and the two Indians !!!!, what a great find.

That Barber sure is a beautiful coin. Looks exactly like the day it was dropped. Glad I was there to help you celebrate. I guess I'm really going to need to pick up the pace on finding my first SILVER. You are light years ahead of me. Lets keep hunting as you never know what's in the next hole !!!!!!!!
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer