Thread: My good deed.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

My good deed.

My neighbor owns a restaurant on a lake that I've been wanting to hunt for a while now, so I asked if it was OK to hunt it and he said anytime. I was hunting the property and he came over to see what I had found. At that point I had a half dozen wheats and a couple dollars in clad. He asked me if I could look for a ring is friend lost through the cracks of the restaurant deck. I told him no problem and after looking at the space I told him I would like to come back with a smaller coil at a different time. Well I got rained out of hunting today so I headed back to his place and crawled under the deck it had about 2.5 feet of clearance. I shortened my detector and used my X8 coil set it to auto sensitivity0 and off I went. I figured it was close to the surface so I did not need much depth. The ring had been lost about 2 years ago. Well after about a buck in change and 30-40 pieces of trash I got a solid 12-22 less than an inch and it would not budge off the 12-22. I brushed the dirt away and there it was. My friend could not believe I had found it, he said his friend will be so happy to have it back. It is an 18K mans wedding band, here is a photo.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Re: My good deed.

oooohhhhhh baby....Karma Karma Karma....You're gonna hit a nice one soon! <:
    Pay it forward!
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

WTG!!! Doing nice things to good people is always rewarded |
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Way to go. Doing the right thing will always come back to you.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Veteran Member

very cool , ive returned 2 lost rings so far , great feeling , thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

Way to go !!!!!!! It is Soooooooo nice to give back what a great story. This is what makes this hobby so special.
    Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer

Very nice story, the kind that makes everyone feel good. As previously posted that Karma will come back to you. Congrats on doing a great thing.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Now that's what what I'm talking about. Thanks for posting the great story. Great recovery and return. Too many times we get a bad rap, seldom do we get a pat on the back and recognition of a job well done. Congratulations and thank you for showing others we care.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

What a great feeling to do a good deed

Have you joined www.theringfinders.com ? I'm sure you and everyone around here has heard of it. Where people call you to help them to find rings and things. I think I'll do it myself, just need to write up an introduction--- I keep procrastinating.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Good story!!! I believe we will be rewarded for good deeds. Great job.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

Good deed indeed! WTG FF43!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Excellent job FF 43. I can just see you under the deck... crawling and swinging. lol :->
    Glad to see you found it. Great job on the find and return. You definitely made someone's day. thumbsup01

That is a fantastic story! Excellent recovery, and you have represented the hobby so well. Congratulations There is nothing better than that...
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

A thank you to everyone for your kind words and encouragement of Karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=7498.msg86377#msg86377 date=1319121783
    What a great feeling to do a good deed

Have you joined www.theringfinders.com ? I'm sure you and everyone around here has heard of it. Where people call you to help them to find rings and things. I think I'll do it myself, just need to write up an introduction--- I keep procrastinating.
    I did sign-up for a finder site and I'm not sure if it is the one you mentioned. I've never been contacted by anyone through the site. I will check put the one you posted.

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

This the one you were telling me about!?!
    You don't mess around do you! lol
    Way to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome |)
    I bet that was a thrill to see his face lite up when he seen that ring in the palm of your hand! <: |)
    I hate to call it work..... but ...Nice work my friend! thumbsup01
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Hey Fire Fighter 43, you still firefighting or retired? I retired from the fire dept here in Ms. after 20 years. Been a police officer now for the last 13 years. Guess I just love the torture! LOL.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Quote Originally Posted by CODY link=topic=7498.msg86474#msg86474 date=1319226550
    Hey Fire Fighter 43, you still firefighting or retired? I retired from the fire dept here in Ms. after 20 years. Been a police officer now for the last 13 years. Guess I just love the torture! LOL.
    Yes I am still fire fighting, I will have my 24 year anniversary as a Professional FF in Jan. I was also a volunteer FF for two years prior. I plan on retiring in 5 years and declaring myself a Professional treasure hunter, LOL.

Congrats on the find and the return!

You're putting in 30? Man I don't know I can or not. Got 11 in on my department so far. I'll be doing 20 for sure, but don't know if I'll make it to 25. Getting ready to retire from the army, so maybe it will be better after that.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

A good deed indeed . thumbsup01 thumbsup01