Thread: Finally, silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threaded View

Finally, silver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning was my morning. I was working a 100+ year old park that I have hunted before. Detecting a big flat part of the park where they hold special events. I had found 2 copper pennies so far on the flat. I was swing the coil over a promising target, I looked up and saw all these kid standing around. A local school was having gym class. I wanted to hunt the flat area, but had to get out of the way for the kids. As it turned out, it was a move that would make my day. I walked about 50 yards and started detecting near an old tree. I got a good repeatable TID (00-29) next to a root running on the surface 4` from the trunk. I dug it, and was, to say the least, excited when I saw that shiny coin sitting there in the dirt pile. 1941 Merc!!!!!!!!!!!! My first silver!!!!!! I would not have to take that shameful silver less ride home today. I could hold my head up high. I always thought or hope there was silver in that park, now I know there is. I have improved my skill with a detector, but luck had a big part in making this find.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil