Thread: Got a question about my E Trac

Got a question about my E Trac

I changed coils and lower rod to a different set I received today. After unlatching the upper rod and sliding it off to unscrew the coil side of the pigtail I noticed that the pigtail attached to the control box had some play in it. Is it supposed to be tight held onto the box or have a little play? Just trying to make sure it doesn't have anything getting loose that could cause a problem later.
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Re: Got a question about my E Trac

Mine has a little bit of play in it also. It doesn't look like it would affect anything, the rod latch is what holds the rod in place.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

That little bit of play is normal.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Thanks
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Mine has it too. I think you need it in order to pull out the rod while the coil is still attached. It has to come out some in order to disconnect the coil. If I am reading your question correctly?
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Coinnut, he's talking about the little dongle just under the control box. Where you attach the coil cable.
    [move]White’s MXT Minelab E-Trac Oldest coin: 1875 Indian Head Cent Oldest Silver Coin: 1886 Seated Liberty Dime[/move]

Quote Originally Posted by OkieDigger View Post
    Coinnut, he's talking about the little dongle just under the control box. Where you attach the coil cable.
    The internal connector I never heard of the word dongle and neither has my Webster (dictionary), so I'm lost. If it's the connector, then Yes, slack is good, if it's the cam lock, then definitely NO. Mine is broken and the shaft is always sliding out. Thank God for duct tape
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Yep, the connector, aka dongle