Thread: VX3

VX3

Anyone using a VX3? I picked one up recently. I will post more later on after some more use. Thanks and happy hunting.
    For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matthew 6:21

Re: VX3

I use the VX3. Excellent detector. I have made some very good finds with mine. It does extremely well on finding the older deeper coins. I use the E-Series 9000 Whites/Koss headphones with it which are a VERY good match. The detector has the 9.5 coil, but I am thinking on getting 5.3 coil also.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

I to own a VX3 and find it to be very user friendly.

The stock 950 coil seems to do very well in moderate trashy areas.

I ordered a new Detech 15X12 SEF Butterfly Excelsior search coil (Whites V Rated) for under $200.

I wish they would of included the owner registration feature like the rest of the V line and allowed for a little more battery run time.

Great machine, John.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder link=topic=7727.msg142789#msg142789 date=1370750449

I wish they would of included the owner registration feature like the rest of the V line and allowed for a little more battery run time.
    Does it come with a non rechargeable pack too?? I would put rechargeables in it and charge them separately. They usually last longer than the packs you get with the machines. I never buy batteries anymore.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

those after market lithium ion batteries will probably give you twenty hours or more on a two hour charge John
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=7727.msg142839#msg142839 date=1370810166
    Does it come with a non rechargeable pack too?? I would put rechargeables in it and charge them separately. They usually last longer than the packs you get with the machines. I never buy batteries anymore.

No, it only came with the AA Battery pack, I'll hit up one of them $1 stores a grab a few packs for now.

Thanks John.

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=7727.msg142841#msg142841 date=1370811308
    those after market lithium ion batteries will probably give you twenty hours or more on a two hour charge John

I will look into it. For now I spent a bunch on equipment and need to find a bargain or wait a month.

Thanks, John.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder link=topic=7727.msg142974#msg142974 date=1370909092

No, it only came with the AA Battery pack, I'll hit up one of them $1 stores a grab a few packs for now.

Thanks John.
    So it came with the non rechargeable pacK...the kind you have to put batteries in?? If so check out this site

http://www.wosmile.com/store_categor...ategory24.html

or

http://www.all-battery.com/index.aspx

This can save you a mint and have plenty of batteries available. You have to get the batteries and buy a separate charger.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=7727.msg142979#msg142979 date=1370909682
    So it came with the non rechargeable pacK...the kind you have to put batteries in?? If so check out this site

http://www.wosmile.com/store_categor...ategory24.html

or

http://www.all-battery.com/index.aspx

This can save you a mint and have plenty of batteries available. You have to get the batteries and buy a separate charger.

Thank you for the links, the 8 Rechargeable NiMH Batteries W/charger and the 8 pcs Premium AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries w/ 2 Holders look like a good alternative for now.

Thanks, John.

Your welcome John. Hope it works for you. I never buy batteries lol Sorry Duracell :-\

Also check the settings on your back light. That may be the reason because it is eating batteries. Turn it down too about 2 and see if that saves on battery life.
    (2) Whites DFX, Eagle II SL 90, Coinmaster, DB4, PRL-1, Surfmaster II, Whites V3i, FISHER 1212x, 1225x, Garrett Pro Pointer, Wilcox All Pro #251 Digger, Sun Ray DX-1, Whites Bullseye II, Whites Auto Scan Detector

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Lockman link=topic=7727.msg143665#msg143665 date=1371756991
    Also check the settings on your back light. That may be the reason because it is eating batteries. Turn it down too about 2 and see if that saves on battery life.

Yes I do turn off backlight most of the time.

I found the last two sets of batteries do seem to run longer, guess I had a couple packs of older ones.

I'll be changing over to rechargeable very soon.

Thanks for the tip, John.