Thread: I finally got me one....

I finally got me one....

A seated coin. Not been hunting hardly at all this year. Had knee troubles and just had knee surgery a couple weeks back. Been going crazy at the house and Doc said I need a little exercise. Got me a great signal in a confederate camp site that me and a couple buddies have pulled some good relics from and it was a +77 on my MXT. I'm thinking cool, a good three ringer, WRONG!!!! My very first seated dime and its an 1845 with O mintmark. Found a couple bullets and a flat button with the shank still intact. Here is my coin though.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    One find at a time.

Re: I finally got me one....

A nice old one too! That is a terrific coin with a lot of history behind it! Finding something like that would make a person forget about their knee troubles!

Congrats on your first seated!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Congrats on getting out and on the first seated! Sounds like better than therapy if you ask me.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

congratulations on your first!!!
    *****IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING GOOD*****

Way to go! Definately the hobby to get some excercise Hope your knees heal up soon.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

She's a beauty! A nice early Seated.
    Given the site you found it, a soldier dropped it. That doubles the wow factor.
    Very cool find Dirt Fisher.

Oh man! She's a oldie too! thumbsup01
    Sweet seated!
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Great looking coin, and much better than a three ringer. Congratulations <: <:
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Congrats on the seated dime thumbsup01 You about just skipped the seated coins that is an olde

Very nice early seated, congrats. Seeing that the doctor recommended some excerise and you choose MD'ing, can you write off the cost of your detector?? LOL
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Fantastic recovery. That one would get my knees shaking and knocking. Congratulations on the find.
    Digger of dirt and proud of it

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Fantastic find!!! Breaking the 1850 mark, priceless.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Heck yea Tadpole that's the way!!!
    Hope that knee heals up buddy,congrats on the seated

I went back today for a little bit but the knee was so sore from yesterday that I did not last real long but still was fun. Rain has set in now so it will be several days before I get back out. Thanks for all the great comments fellas. It a high for me to find a coin that has eluded me. I have found everything around this area in a coin as far as indian heads that were made during the seated coin era and shield nickles, large cents. Only one barber dime and now only one seated dime. Time to find a quarter older than a standing liberty that I have found three of but no barbers or seateds in quarters yet either.
    One find at a time.

Beautiful!!! Congratulations I haven't found one of those in awhile. Excellent find
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I can relate to the knee problem although I haven't had the surgery yet but it's good to see that you got out for some fresh air. Congrats on the seated coin. I've only found one and my heart rate still rises when I think about the time I found it. Those are for sure a nice coin.

| |
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

A 165 yr. old American silver coin , not too shabby . |

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbooty link=topic=7757.msg89232#msg89232 date=1321040107
    A 165 yr. old American silver coin , not too shabby . |
    My unexpected 1786 half reale did not make me half as excited as this seated coin did. You folks that dig these types of finds on a regular basis I really envy you and I appreciate you all posting such awesome finds. Got to love the hobby especially when something like this pops out the ground. I have a video of me digging this but did not do the silver dance, although I really wanted too. lol.

One find at a time.