Thread: New: American Detectorist Home Page

New: American Detectorist Home Page

Hi everyone,

The American Detectorist home page is now live. Please check it out: http://www.americandetectorist.com

The home page features members' finds, as well as articles written by members and other useful information related to metal detecting. We are still adding content to the page, and will be adding new articles periodically. Angel will add new featured member finds to the page on a regular basis as well.

There is a link to the forum from the home page, but you can also access the forum directly using the following address: http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum

Enjoy, and HH!

The American Detectorist Team

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: New: American Detectorist Home Page

stretcher: yaaahhhoooo , i've been on the edge of my seat waiting for sometime now Angie . you two deserve a great hand for putting this together , Angel my hats off to ya for the hard work and dedication you have labored to complete the homepage in record time . you both get the extremely rare and almost never seen five thumbs up from me anyways thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 . Great job.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

lol Thanks Dan... Angel did the vast majority of the work. He did a great job It is a relief to get it finally up!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Thanks Dan! It was a team effort. thumbsup01 I'm glad we got it done before the detecting season picks up. stretcher:

We will continue to add content, but it is a good start.

Angie did a terrific job putting much of the content together, as did the rest of the team with the articles and tutorials. thumbsup01

Nice landing page guys. I like it. I recognized angellionel's 2009 Silver pile right away
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Beautiful! Easy on the eyes, inviting to read. I LOVE it! All that hard work is paying off.
    Congratulations, guys! (and the link was a pleasant surprise! nice gesture... thanks you guys.... you're the best!)

Veteran Member

Yes, very nice clean look.

PS, I've written a newbie article on how to use Google Earth image overlay and old aerial photos. I do this alot and find the technique kinda cool and useful. You are welcome to adapt it to member articles if you want:

http://www.mapsurfer.com/blog/df-io.html

(or not, consider it a donation to the site if you find it worthwhile, and if you do, please copy the images off my server onto yours, as they ding me for bandwidth if it goes too high).
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post

PS, I've written a newbie article on how to use Google Earth image overlay and old aerial photos. I do this alot and find the technique kinda cool and useful. You are welcome to adapt it to member articles if you want:

(or not, consider it a donation to the site if you find it worthwhile, and if you do, please copy the images off my server onto yours, as they ding me for bandwidth if it goes too high).
    Thanks, Randy! I took a look at that page and it is very useful information. I'll see if I can adapt the information as an article. If so, the photos would be hosted from our site.

Thanks again, Randy!

Great job to all those who put work in on this Home Page!! Really looks great and is loaded with useful info. I've found the American Detectorist to be loaded with experienced and knowledgeable metal detectorist who are more than willing to share what they know and find. Hats off to you all and I'm proud to be here with you as a member, this should prove to be the best metal detecting forum on the WEB!!!
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Awesome, really diggin it rofl Ba-dum, ting

thumbsup01
    Jimmy - Minelab X-Terra 30 | White's BHID 300 | White's Spectrum XLT | Vibra-Probe 570
    My Blog

Wow... Just logged in and seen the new home page for the first time... OUTSTANDING!! Very nice indeed... thanks for all the work that went into it. Really nice. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Awesome job guys, this site just keeps getting better!!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Thanks everyone! We tried to keep it as simple and as uncluttered as possible, while still providing helpful information.

IT looks great. good job!
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post

Thank you randy, it is a great article! It is now live on our home page We appreciate the contribution!

Seems like it would be really nice to try. I bet it would be great with old maps. Get to it Del rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Seems like it would be really nice to try. I bet it would be great with old maps. Get to it Del rofl
    i get it , i get it George

honestly Coinnut your subtlety almost rivals your illiteracy on the computer lol rofl
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

honestly Coinnut your subtlety almost rivals your illiteracy on the computer lol rofl
    yea, like right :-\ ummmm what does that mean rofl
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold