Thread: Whole Herd of Buffaloes

Threaded View

Whole Herd of Buffaloes

I think it's safe to say that I've figured out how to find nickels with my E-Trac. lol

Today I decided to go back to the town common at the small village where my wife is from. It is a small lot between the community building and post office. The first time I hunted it earlier this year I found 37 wheat cents and 8 silver dimes in just a few hours. I have hunted it several times since then, always finding more wheat cents and another silver dime or two. I have gridded it mutliple times from every direction.

Today I realized that I have found over 65 wheat cents and 15 silver dimes at this site, but not a single old nickel. I said to myself, there MUST be old nickels here as well. So today I decided to really concentrate on nickel signals. The results were better than I expected! I ended up finding two V Nickels, six Buffalo nickels, and five Jeffersons including a war nickel. Obviously on my previous hunts my brain was totally honed in on the high tones and completely ignored the nickel signals! I have never found six Buffalo Nickels in one hunt ever before, not even close! Surprisingly, all six of them have clear legible dates.

I also ended up finding a 1945 Merc, a 1946 Rosie, and 17 wheat cents. It is unbelieveable how many coins I have found in this little 50' x 75' lot, and every time I go back I find more. Fun!

Name:  Pile-1120.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  71.3 KBName:  Display-1120.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  64.1 KBName:  V-Nickels.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  23.9 KBName:  Buffaloes-Dirty.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  63.7 KBName:  Buffaloes-Clean.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  50.1 KBName:  Silver-1.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  40.7 KB
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 09-18-2017 at 11:15 AM.