Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some of my Kentucky finds...

Re: Some of my Kentucky finds...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    I've been watching your posts and pics...all very impressive.

Thank You!!!
    Thank you for your compliment I'm so glad I found this forum (Thanks Handyman)

It's kinda lonely hobby- if you don't hunt with someone. It's great to share common interest and learn from eachother!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Looks like some good old stuff.
    Garrett ACE 250 - Whites Bullseye - 9 x 12" Coil

Quote Originally Posted by MIdigger View Post
    Looks like some good old stuff.
    lol at your siggy YTD finds... motivating-it'll be nice to see them add up this next year
    I'm with ya- we have about 4 of snow right now
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

I like the makeup container. I found something similar once with a little fairy on the cover of it. I managed to open it up and all the makeup was still there. IT must have been victorian.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffy View Post
    I like the makeup container. I found something similar once with a little fairy on the cover of it. I managed to open it up and all the makeup was still there. IT must have been victorian.
    So you never found a name on yours? I was tickled to use my magnifying glass and BARELY see 'Richard Hudnut'... I'd heard of Elizabeth Arden, but never of him before! Tells my age

Did yours break when you opened it- mine did, but can be put back together easily. I was so curious what was in it- thought maybe some old coins stored in it lol
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    Did yours break when you opened it- mine did, but can be put back together easily. I was so curious what was in it- thought maybe some old coins stored in it lol
    I know, right? I love finding containers like that -- you never know what could be inside them!

I have this really good friend that I detect with and he finds these kinds of things all the time, but he refuses to open them! Not even curious! They just get thrown into a pile lol One time I made him open one and he just rolled his eyes at me.... better things to do! rofl Hope he doesn't read this rofl

But you never know where a gold coin might be hiding thumbsup01

Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

So you never found a name on yours? I was tickled to use my magnifying glass and BARELY see 'Richard Hudnut'... I'd heard of Elizabeth Arden, but never of him before! Tells my age

I never found a name..just the little fairy. I also found a lipstick container. I wasn't sure what it was at first, but with a little wiggling around I got the top off. I looked down inside and the lipstick was still inside. It was ended up being a 1910 lipstick holder. I thought that was cool. Now I have rouge and lipstick.....OK gotta go watch football now...or some dragracing...and then monstertrucks.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I still have all my junk too, just in case iron prices go through the roof lol My wife ain't too happy though :-\
    hey buddy you can have my junk to , you can start with all the stuff in the back of my jeep.
    p.s. i won't tell the wife. lol lol

It's kinda lonely hobby- if you don't hunt with someone. It's great to share common interest and learn from eachother!
    i agree its alot more fun (and laughs) and competitive with a friend or two thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I know, right? I love finding containers like that -- you never know what could be inside them!

I have this really good friend that I detect with and he finds these kinds of things all the time, but he refuses to open them! Not even curious! They just get thrown into a pile lol One time I made him open one and he just rolled his eyes at me.... better things to do! rofl Hope he doesn't read this rofl

But you never know where a gold coin might be hiding thumbsup01

i hope your not talking about the same person i know lol lol ya gotta check those make-up and little compacts for the coinage . also in tha backs of those pocket watches too , thats where i found a nice old walker half dollar .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey buddy you can have my junk to , you can start with all the stuff in the back of my jeep.
    p.s. i won't tell the wife. lol lol
    Hilarious- we could start a whole thread on this topic!
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

I can't really see the silver ring in the pic too well but it looks like it might be Nielloware... I found a similar one lst year. Check out:

http://www.siamman.com/siamenu.html

Kind of haunting / sad that most nielloware jewelery was brought back to the US by soldiers.

If you google image Mekkala siam silver similar items come up though I can't quite make out what is portrayed in the rin you found.

Sweet find for sure.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Quote Originally Posted by z118 View Post
    I can't really see the silver ring in the pic too well but it looks like it might be Nielloware... I found a similar one lst year. Check out:

http://www.siamman.com/siamenu.html

Kind of haunting / sad that most nielloware jewelery was brought back to the US by soldiers.

If you google image Mekkala siam silver similar items come up though I can't quite make out what is portrayed in the rin you found.

Sweet find for sure.
    Wow that's it- I think the first 2 pics are the designs! But I can't read them... I'm trying to print them so I can see better/read. DuRn computer acting up again! Funny thing is I've been wearing this ring, meditating, yoga class, etc.... I grew up Buddhist/practice the philosophy
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC