Thread: Hello all

Hello all

So this is where the old crew is at. Hope you all don't mind me pulling up a chair and staying for awhile. It is nice to see you all again. I am eager to learn once again from all you seasoned veterans that left the other forum. Oh and I also can't wait to see all the silver finds from Angel.
    White's DFX...Never enough time.

Re: Hello all

Howdy from Kentucky
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Hey toehead, Glad you found us. Angel gave up silver hunting..... I think he took up cigarettes instead lol He's already started finding that silver Welcome to our world
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Hey toehead, it's great to see you here! Most of us are snowed under and can't detect, so we are all going a little bit stir crazy lol Glad you found us!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Hi toehead! Glad you found our little space on the 'net. We have a great group here. I hope you will stick around for a while.

Winter has been hard on my detector, lol but I did get out a few times during January before all of the snow. Now I'm going through withdrawals again. lol

Veteran Member

Welcome from Chester County, PA.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

hello Toehead and welcome to American Detectorist , some of us can't wait until spring . just a thought i think winter metal detecting should be an Olympic event thumbsup01
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yeah winter sure seems long this year, even though we have had a easy year so far. Our average snowfall is around 150 inches a year, I know we don't have anywhere near that this year. Winter might seem longer for me as I bought a used DFX last year and didn't get to use it to much before old man winter came. Patience....

Hey toehead, good to see you here as well!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Welcome aboard Toehead. I've moved since we last saw each other...Nevada resident now.

Glad you found the gang.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome Toehead from Sunny Northern California.
    HH,
    MT (Tom)
    E-Trac with all the goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by toehead View Post
    So this is where the old crew is at.
    I know how you feel. I just found'em last week
    Welcome aboard from the frozen corn fields of Illinois
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yeah winter sure seems long this year, even though we have had a easy year so far. Our average snowfall is around 150 inches a year, I know we don't have anywhere near that this year. Winter might seem longer for me as I bought a used DFX last year and didn't get to use it to much before old man winter came. Patience....
    Welcome from Concord, NC...Our average snowfall is nill and we have about 12 inches this month.... lol I guess I'm getting a little taste of what you northern guys have to go through... lol
    He was loyal to his own kith and kin, but stern and unrelenting with his enemies. He was brave, and he loved the stir of battle." Quote from Cornwallace of the British army about settlers in Concord/Charlotte NC. during Rev. War.

Hiya Mike good to have ya here with us. Are you all primed up and ready to hit the woods when this stuff goes away? I'm looking forward to hunting with you and Austin this year.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Sure am ready Hoser! Hopefully the easy winter will fade to a nice warm spring. And soon!!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo T

From the land of the Bluenose.....welcome aboard me son. Feel at home and pull up that chair on the port side!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Welcome aboard Toehead... HH RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Welcome from Upstate NY..
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Welcome to the forum Toehead!

Sure am ready Hoser! Hopefully the easy winter will fade to a nice warm spring. And soon!!
    I am afraid that March is going to be bad... crying01 but I am so ready for Spring!!!
    He was loyal to his own kith and kin, but stern and unrelenting with his enemies. He was brave, and he loved the stir of battle." Quote from Cornwallace of the British army about settlers in Concord/Charlotte NC. during Rev. War.