Thread: 1803 Liberty

1803 Liberty

The results of a 2 hour hunt before my hips started bothering me and I headed back to the barn. :-\

It appears to be a small date and I can't tell what the fraction is, large or small.

After looking at the picture in the post I'm now wondering if it could be a large date. What do you think guys/gals ?

Attached Images Attached Images   
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

Re: 1803 LC

I'm sure someone will tell you what it is, but I can't. Great find
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Excellent find!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Nice find!
    PRIZM V
    Oldest coin 1895 IH

Re: 1803 Liberty

hey Frank congrats on the draped bust large cent glad to hear you scored a good one |
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Spectacular find, Frank! |)

Lots of detail left on it too for a 208 year old coin! thumbsup01
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great find Frank . Nice shape for that ancient beauty . Good coin preparation and camera work to bring out a shot with nice detail like that | . My knees and hips were feeling it after some long hunts and my Chiropractor gave me some great stretching excercises that have really helped me a lot . I've been doing them religiously every morning for almost a month now , what a difference !! If possible see a good Chiropractor or check on line for some good stretching excercises , sometimes they can work wonders .

Quote Originally Posted by fsa46 link=topic=8098.msg92175#msg92175 date=1323192913
    After looking at the picture in the post I'm now wondering if it could be a large date. What do you think guys/gals ?
    Oh man! Whata sweet find!! thumbsup01
    I asked my boys, 10 & 13, to take a look with their young eyes. stretcher: lol
    We're thinking it might be a 1803 small date & small fraction Thats our guess lol
    Whata find! Great outcome for a 2 hour hunt! thumbsup01
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

<: ... Such an incredible coin.
    I don't get to dig many... any, just one LC's. So I love seeing you guys get them.
    She's a beauty fsa46.

Sweet oldie....Excellent!

Nice going Frank. From my IPhone I'm not going to venture what variety it is. I dug an 1803 LC that I was able to attribute, I think mine was large date / small fraction...have to look when I get home. Hope we get to hunt together, most likely around March unless the winter is mild, besides the wooded areas are the last to have the ground freeze.
    Have you had your hips examined /
    X-ray? I know a wonderful orthopedic surgeon. I would be in a wheel chair without him, metal detecting and motorcycles would just be a memory. I completely wore the cartilage out in both hips and had holes in the left femur & pelvic bones. Both replacements work better than the oem parts! Now I test pinpointers by thier ability to sound off on me !!!! Once again - nice find!!
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Man that's OLD!!!! WTG.
    YTD hours hunted 159
    Silver coins 38
    Indian cents 59
    Wheats 292
    Buff's nickels 2
    "V" nickels 6
    Sheild Nickels 0

Quote Originally Posted by Ytcoinshooter link=topic=8098.msg92256#msg92256 date=1323272163
    Nice going Frank. From my IPhone I'm not going to venture what variety it is. I dug an 1803 LC that I was able to attribute, I think mine was large date / small fraction...have to look when I get home. Hope we get to hunt together, most likely around March unless the winter is mild, besides the wooded areas are the last to have the ground freeze.
    Have you had your hips examined /
    X-ray? I know a wonderful orthopedic surgeon. I would be in a wheel chair without him, metal detecting and motorcycles would just be a memory. I completely wore the cartilage out in both hips and had holes in the left femur & pelvic bones. Both replacements work better than the oem parts! Now I test pinpointers by thier ability to sound off on me !!!! Once again - nice find!!
    No I haven't seen anyone \ , I'm going to try and live with it . As my main man Dirty Harry would say, a man gots to know his limitations , and I know mine...when it gets bad I head back.

Wow, a 1803 large number , small fraction , even at an AG-3 grade we're talking $2400....truely a wonderful find.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache