I have just recently purchased a new DFX 300. And since. Have added a Whites D2 coil. Been trying the unit out, to make sure everything is working as it should. I have been using my XLT most of the summer. And have had great results, using a deep silver program that I had got from ebay. Since the DFX allready has the deep silver program installed. I have been trying to get this program to work as good as the XLT. The first thing I noticed about this detector in this program. Are the many false signals I'm getting. Even just holding the coil in the air, without any motion. BEEP, BEEEP, BEEEP! A couple of places I was at. There were electric wires nearby. I figured I would choose a spot well away from the wires. But am still getting lots of false beeping going on. I have not played with the settings too much yet. Just trying to make sure the unit is good, before the ground freezes. I am working some spots, that I have cleaned out pretty well this summer. But thought I would see if there were any missed targets. I am really hoping this detector will work as good or better then the XLT. I chose the DFX because of the many different coils, that I can apply. Any help would be greatly appreciated!