Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 amigos

3 amigos

Got a chance to do some cellar hole hunting with Angel and Del today. Went to our usual place. It's giving up fewer and fewer targets, so we need a new spot lol Did manage a nice complete shoe buckle (sorry HeavyMetalNut ), and a real corroded Connecticut copper. This is the third Conn copper from this site. Other usual items include lantern parts, them dreaded &quot buckles, a small ox knob (whippee) and a neat silver plated item. I think it may have been decoration, possibly for a horse. A good day out none the less. At least we can dig (well mostly )
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: 3 amigos

hey pretty good day out ( FOR YOU ) i guess that good feeling i had wasn't for me lol lol very sweet shoe buckle i think thats the first one i've seen this year and the Connecticut is better than i thought it would be .

it was good to see Angel out today ( he must of thought we were nuts before to be out there in the snow and cold that long lol) but after out with us most of the day today i'm sure he doesn't think it . rofl now he must be absolutely possitive we're loonies to the core. rofl rofl hey Angel had a good time out there today , our next time out with ya ( if theres a next time lol lol) will be more productive i'm sure . enjoyed the conversation on the road and the laughs . thumbsup01

well here's a few pictures of the sites and my meager day of finds and last but not least couple of shots of Angel and us . ( by the way i have about twelve extra pictures of me and Angel on my camera if anyone want some , thanks George . lol rofl)
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

well here's a few pictures of the sites and my meager day of finds and last but not least couple of shots of Angel and us . ( by the way i have about twelve extra pictures of me and Angel on my camera if anyone want some , thanks George . lol rofl)
    Those extra pictures are just in case you delete the first ones. rofl Not that I think you don't know how to work your camera or anything :-\ :-\ lol That Connecticut is really trashed. I had to hold it just right to see the letters. But it was probably dropped when it was new. Lots of good detail on the parts remaining, but the water killed it. It was a good hunt for me and Angel lol Maybe you should be the next one to sell your DFX?

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Those extra pictures are just in case you delete the first ones. rofl Not that I think you don't know how to work your camera or anything :-\ :-\ lol Maybe you should be the next one to sell your DFX?
    if i know how to use my camera i am continually amazed you have it upstairs to understand that e-trac , buddy. lol sell my DFX?? those are fighting words now lol lol just for that comment i feel that this DFX of mine will make you eat those words on our next hunt .

The site still is giving up some things.The shoe buckle is a good find and the copper as well.Dan the pewter item looks like a finial of some sort or possibly the bottom part of a hanging chandelier.Hope Angel did ok with you guys.Things do look to be slowing down at that site.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

just for that comment i feel that this DFX of mine will make you eat those words on our next hunt .
    I hope you have that warm and fuzzy feeling about a site again lol I do my best work when you get a hunch Peace brother

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    The site still is giving up some things.The shoe buckle is a good find and the copper as well.Dan the pewter item looks like a finial of some sort or possibly the bottom part of a hanging chandelier.Hope Angel did ok with you guys.Things do look to be slowing down at that site.
    Thanks John, at least someone appreciates my efforts lol I'm thinking that maybe that piece Dan found is a candle snuffer?? Or maybe not That site is leaving less and less for us. I think we are gonna give it a rest for real, this time

Hey, those are still some cool finds guys. thumbsup01 George, you should have left that buckle where it was for Dan and I to pick up later. We were already heading that way. lol That is a sweet find. The CT copper still has some good details considering where it had been. Great photos by the way.

Here are my finds for the day, three full buttons and half of another. The other stuff includes the handle of a pewter spoon, and several other pieces that sounded really nice.

ya Angel i should of told you George is a greedy little pig when it comes to finds lol lol he rarely shares .

very nice looking buttons .

hey John you've been MIA lately hope all is well my friend ?? the item is deffinately pewter , maybe the top to an old inkwell or like George said a candle snuffer . it was at the second site and someone started to dig a hole and left it , it was a great sounding target almost like a coin sound and it was all of 12 to 14 inches down .

I have been taking care of some things.Always ready to get into the swing of things just let me know when.

Nice button finds Angel.What did you think of that site...besides having to be part deer to get in there.

nice stuff guys! that buckle is sweet!!!!!!! thumbsup01
    dan with the glasses rofl just bustin yer chops dan
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    nice stuff guys! that buckle is sweet!!!!!!! thumbsup01
    dan with the glasses rofl just bustin yer chops dan
    hey no sticks in the eye thumbsup01

ya Angel i should of told you George is a greedy little pig when it comes to finds lol lol he rarely shares .
    That's not true I share...you get all the junk rofl rofl....

I have been taking care of some things.Always ready to get into the swing of things just let me know when.

Nice button finds Angel.What did you think of that site...besides having to be part deer to get in there.
    I thought it was a great site, one with potential. As with any such large areas, it isn't possible to cover it all in just one trip, so I can see why Dan and George continue to hit it. I did have a great time, and enjoyed both the walk and the detecting. I sure needed the time out after being locked in by old mean winter for the past several weeks. lol

angel? is that a button to the left? in top pic ? like to see that one cleaned up! thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    angel? is that a button to the left? in top pic ? like to see that one cleaned up! thumbsup01
    It is. I do have to clean it. I'll post it when I do.

Cool pics ,nice finds, and got to hang out with some of the guys.
    Sounds and looks like a good time !
    Congrats to all
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That looks like a lot of fun guys! Thanks for sharing the hunt. Nice bunch of finds.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

That one 'decoration for a horse' - the silver plated one, that's neat... So intricate!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Dan,
    Was poking around looking at different sites and noticed this carriage lamp.The bottom section almost looks like the item that you dug this weekend,another possibility but not sure.