Thread: Savannah GA

Savannah GA

Hello from Kansas where it is so flat that on a clear day you can look at the horizon and see the back of your head.
    I did a search for Georgia and did not get much so I am asking for information on Savannah Georgia. I may have a job there and want to take my detector but wonder about the rules in GA since it is such a historical state. Any information that will help keep me out of trouble would be great. If the job works out I will be there without my family for a month or so and be working 4 days a week. I should have lots of time to hunt.

cb (AKA funnyfarmman)
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe

Re: Savannah GA

welcome CBnKansas its good to have ya here , as far as the great state of Georgia i can only say its a beautiful state but that is as much as i'm allowed to talk about . lol

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey funnyfarmman aka CBnKansas! (Everyone is really testing my memory with all these name changes; I'm too old for this lol ) I'm glad you made your way here thumbsup01

I know nothing about Georgia; hope someone else can chime in there. Definitely worth taking your detector and trying some places out.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

In Ga. you can detect schools when not in session. Beaches as long as they are not private. Anywhere you can get permission for sure. Now state parks are off limits, historically marked places too, not unless you have permission from the landowner. Plenty of places to detect in Savannah and across the river in S.C. Use your imagination.
    Wishin I was a dirt fishin!

Welcome from the frozen corn fields of Illinois
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flynn View Post
    In Ga. you can detect schools when not in session. Beaches as long as they are not private. Anywhere you can get permission for sure. Now state parks are off limits, historically marked places too, not unless you have permission from the landowner. Plenty of places to detect in Savannah and across the river in S.C. Use your imagination.
    I bet you are right about sites being marked if they are historical. These days they put up signs to prohibit about anything someone things you should not be doing. I forgot big brother will be there to help me stay on course. LOL.
    I just always try to not do anything that will reflect badly on the hobby. Since I have never been to GA I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with the locals.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice everyone.
    cb
    Minelab X-70, Vibraprobe

Candidate Member

Welcome to the group.I live in Port Wentworth,Ga.It is about 12 miles from Savannah,Ga. There are woods and playgrounds you can metal detect in. We also have a Metal Detecting club here.Here is a link to our club:
    http://cehha.homestead.com/CEHHA.html
    Here is my e-mail if you would like to talk some more:
    johnboy11171@yahoo.com
    Have a good Night
    John
    HAVE A NICE DAY AND GOD BLESS YOU
    HAPPY HUNTING
    JOHN L W BLAIR SR.

Hey, I recognize that great Kansas humor!! lol
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Welcome aboard CB..... HH RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector