Thread: Round 4... Holy Midtone Batman

Round 4... Holy Midtone Batman

33 degrees, snow, minimal wind, day off, what the heck to do Ah, you will never know your limits until you test them! Off to the Fresh water lake again for Round 4. I was pleasantly surprised to see they had lowered the lake even more. I was walking on wet sand where 4 feet of water was two weeks ago. I could see all my scoop drag marks and that let me know how well I had covered the water two weeks ago. I started working the beach where I had left off two weeks ago and the very first target was a pleasing strong midtone.... Unfortunately, it is a Stainless Steel ring I think. Markings are INOX 316L.
    A little further down the beach and I saw the area I had plucked 6 Hotwheels from, I knew I hadn't got them all and could see two peeking through the surface, found 4 more for a total of 10 out of one 3 foot area. I figure some kid capsized a float that had his cars on since this would be in about 6 foot at normal lake level. On I went and about an hour into the day, I got a midtone signal that went high tone on the backswing and then hit low/mid at a 90 degree sweep. I figured it was trash and almost didn't dig but since I was only digging good signals and hadn't had many yet, I dug away. Turned out to be another tarnished 14k womens wedding band. Fits my little finger perfectly. Of course, I got excited and stayed a total of 4 hours in the cold and snow but that was it other than a little clad, the small lock and the Batman action figure.

4 trips now to that little beach, 4 pieces of 14k from it. I seriously doubt there is anything left so I'll probably leave it alone and hit some of the exposed shorelines IF mother nature lets me. Wonder if I can handle the 25 degrees tomorrow morningthinkingabout: LOL

HH
    Cliff
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    2012 totals
    1- WL half
    2- silver quarter (1 Wash. 1 SL)
    5- Mercs
    2- Buffalo
    24- wheats
    Jewelry: Gold-2, Silver-2 Ring Total-3
    Clad YTD: $21.93

Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher CZ-21, Sovereign GT

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Re: Round 4... Holy Midtone Batman

Congrats on another successful hunt!!

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Mother Nature ain't holding you back. Congrats on another gold.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

HOLY CRAP BATMAN, that looks cold! The South does have a few good points. LOL Congrats on the finds. Weather looks like a Jim Beam kinda day to me! HH
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

thumbsup01 good one thumbsup01
    The Best Beach Hunters Dig all Targets
    Silver Seekeers, FMDAC, The Geritol Metal Detecting Gang

WTG | If my damn scoops ever get here I'll be able to get started to. >:{
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

We love gold and silver!
    "It was mad pheromone love over a little full moon entombed, and the people found it hard to understand until they saw for themselves the light pouring forth from a hole in the ground exposing a lonely turned ecstatic murky dime ......." please see me at http://www.youtube.com/user/plehbah

Nice little gold ring, is the other ring a spinner?. found one last summer. great hunt |

Quote Originally Posted by skrapman link=topic=8228.msg100539#msg100539 date=1329264807
    Nice little gold ring, is the other ring a spinner?. found one last summer. great hunt |
    No, it wasn't a spinner, haven't found a spinner yet... but I'm sure it will happen in time.

Cliff
    2012 totals
    1- WL half
    2- silver quarter (1 Wash. 1 SL)
    5- Mercs
    2- Buffalo
    24- wheats
    Jewelry: Gold-2, Silver-2 Ring Total-3
    Clad YTD: $21.93

Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher CZ-21, Sovereign GT

very good hunt,wtg.and I like the little cars.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.