Thread: The Best Relic Machine is...:huh:

Candidate Member

The Best Relic Machine is...:huh:

OK this might start a war, but that is not my intention here. I'm wanting a new Relic Machine... I have semi made my mind up on the Minelab E-Trac... But alot say the Fisher F-75, I never here anything about the Whites V3i,VX3 for relics... Lets stay under the 1,800.00 price range I know the GPX series is awesome but who can afford that... at least not me!!! >

Re: The Best Relic Machine is...:huh:

boy Relicminer is that a loaded question lol lol , my detecting partner uses an E-trac to relic hunt around old cellar foundations and does quite well with it . i myself use a whites dfx and i'v been told that i do very well at it . i've heard the mxt pro , v3i ,the Garret AT/Pro , the f75 are all very capable machines at this type of detecting genre. i would think most higher end machines because of more feature options and settings will give you more choices as to how to set up or finely tune your machine for what exactly your tying to find . keep researching and refining your type of detecting you want to do or the items your really after and you'll narrow it down to only a couple of choices.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Candidate Member

Yea, del I knew that this one would draw some difficult choices for some... I first looked at the AT Pro because of the waterpoof feature... But then I started to look at the Multi-frequency machine the E-Trac...
    Is it as much the machine as it is research and luck? I use a Garrett Ace 250 now and know it is a good little machine, but can't help but wonder what I'm missing!! >:{

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=8233.msg93278#msg93278 date=1324201688
    I would think most higher end machines because of more feature options and settings will give you more choices as to how to set up or finely tune your machine for what exactly your tying to find . Keep researching and refining your type of detecting you want to do or the items your really after and you'll narrow it down to only a couple of choices.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Relicminer link=topic=8233.msg93279#msg93279 date=1324203180
    I use a Garrett Ace 250 now and know it is a good little machine, but can't help but wonder what I'm missing!!
    The 250 is indeed a nice little machine, but you'll enter a new world with the higher end machines mentioned above.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

hello relicminer, i use a dfx and my hunting buddy has a f75. I like the length of the dd coil on the fisher,he does well in the open field and loose woods. I use a 5.3 coil around cellar holes where he cant or won't go and pick up some nice finds. we each do well
    at different times. I know my machine well and am confident in it's ability, I think that is most important with any machine KNOW how to use it,understand it's features and if you put your coil over a relic it's yours. After 4+ years with my machine I started hunting in all metal if the site allows. It opened up alot more iron relics that are not that hard to make presentable. So i guess i am
    still learning too. good luck with your choice, skrapman

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

I agree that any of the higher end machines would be a good choice. If it was me paying for it I would buy the Etrac.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber