Thread: My Old Coins of 2011

My Old Coins of 2011

I don't think the season is quite over yet. I still should get out in the woods a few more times since we have no snow, but here are my old coin finds of this year. Didn't do as well as I wanted to this year, but I am happy to find two firsts this year, being the 1936 WLH and the 1867 Shield Nickel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Re: My Old Coins of 2011

always time for one more hunt maybe you can add to your collection like that sheild nickel thats a nice find good luck dennis

Great bunch of finds there, Milco! The shield nickel is a rare find and yours looks to be in decent shape.

You did exceptionally well with Indian Heads too, you have a proportionally high number of them. You must tell me your secret!

Congrats on the successful year and I hope that you are able to add to your totals before the end of the year! thumbsup01

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

don't feel bad you did very well Milco like you i didn't get a whole lot this year , i'd take quality over quantity any year . i remember you getting the shield nickle this year it is a real beauty of a find and a super hard coin to recover . heres to you getting out a few more times to add to them .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Soooooooo MENY lIBERTY

Veteran Member

Those are some very fine old coins and that is a very nice shield nickel. Congrats.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Milco, congrats on all your old coins and for recovering them from the dirt. Nice pile of IH's and the shield nickel is a great find. Have you made your wish list for 2012thinkingabout:
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Veteran Member

and your dissapointed with that pile of beautythinkingabout: i think its awesome . i found 2 silver coins this year and 3 indians . i would take your finds anyday
    im an american proud and free, a son of the south dont tread on me

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=8310.msg94146#msg94146 date=1324742618
    You did exceptionally well with Indian Heads too, you have a proportionally high number of them. You must tell me your secret!
    Congrats on the successful year and I hope that you are able to add to your totals before the end of the year! thumbsup01
    Thanks Tony! The hi proportion of IH's has to do with the amount of construction sites and sidewalk tearouts I hit this year. All but one IH was from those sites. A hunting buddy of mine found 25+ IH's this year from these same sites after I turned him on to them, and I think he found 20 silvers.
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=8310.msg94240#msg94240 date=1324817796
    Have you made your wish list for 2012thinkingabout:
    I only have one goal for next season, that is to help my uncle find a large cent, which he has never found in seven years of detecting. He got me started, so I am going to try and help him find one of those.

Dennis that is way more silver than I found this year, but I know how you feel. You always think that you can do better. We can always get an early start on next year, and you can still add to this one. Congratualtions.
    Oldest Coin: 1846 LC

Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer

Beautiful oldies for the year D.

You've had some great success this year. You certainly have a knack for finding opportunities when they come up. |)

Bummer we didn't put together a hunt this year... but next year will be a whole different story. :->

Congrats on 2011! <:

Nothin' to be ashamed of there Darren! \
    Thats a pretty impressive display of keepers! thumbsup01
    Especially the shield! That's a toughy!
    Congrats!...........and here's to an even better year next season

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=8310.msg94342#msg94342 date=1324937774
    I only have one goal for next season, that is to help my uncle find a large cent, which he has never found in seven years of detecting. He got me started, so I am going to try and help him find one of those.
    Thats nice of you! It's always good to pay it back'! thumbsup01
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime