Thread: Buttons and Bottles (Cellar Hole Hunt)

Buttons and Bottles (Cellar Hole Hunt)

Did a little cellar hole hunting with Charlives and Merc from the Friendly Forum on Wednesday Dec. 28, 2011. There was very little modern trash here. The others managed a few buttons and some other colonial era items. I didn't find any good items except a square nail. But I was able to salvage a few nice Depression-era bottles that were part of a trash dump inside one of the cellar holes we hunted. Good times and a super hunt!!

MD Hunt 12-28-11 (Buttons and Bottles)
    Metal Detector: Teknetics Omega 8000

Re: Buttons and Bottles (Cellar Hole Hunt)

Wow... I had no idea there was so much area involved with cellar hole hunting. Looked like whole neighborhoods.
    Awesome video Christian. I always figured cellar holes were single small areas.

Do you know when the houses in the area you were hunting were built? When were they last inhabited?

A guy could set up a tent there and hunt all week. You folks are very fortunate to have such dreamy spots to hunt.

Congrats on a couple more bottles for your collection.

Re: Buttons and Bottles (Cellar Hole Hunt)

Thanks I enjoyed the video. Hmmm...you guys appear to be in CT...mentioned Newtown. Blaze orange is the color of the day! What's great is after watching it's like having already met! I wish I had the time to comment on every post of good finds on this forum, this week the finds are impressive. The videos always catch my attention.
    HH!
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?