Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1909 King Edward VII Half Soveriegn Gold London Mint Mark

1909 King Edward VII Half Soveriegn Gold London Mint Mark

Found this coin in the water where a resort used to be at the turn of the past century. It's my first gold coin. It was a beautiful day to go water detecting. I was there for about an hour and found several other coins but the only other oldies were a couple of wheats. Looking forward to hitting that place again when I have more time.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

Re: 1909 King Edward VII Half Soveriegn Gold

my freind you just found what we are all dreaming to find someday all i can say is what fantastic find for you can it get any better congrats to you now your work is cut out for you that one will be hard to top great find dennis

Re: 1909 King Edward VII Half Soveriegn Gold

can I have itthinkingabout:.....I am beyond speechless, totally awesome find!!!
    *****IT'S ALL ABOUT BEING GOOD*****

Re: 1909 King Edward VII Half Soveriegn Gold London Mint Mark

If the Giants win in overtime by 7 points it's yours, buddy! lol
    Fisher CZ21, Excalibur II 800 (scuba), Minelab X-Terra 705, DeepTech Vista SMART, AKA Sorex Pro, Fisher CZ70Pro, Fish CZ3D

Congrats on a very special find and your cool reserve. Me, I'd be jumping through my ....you know what!!!! Like screaming at the top of my lungs! <: <: I'd still be riding around showing everyone I knew. LOL Seriously, WTG.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Boo-Yaa! That is fantastic! Best coin i ever got out of the water was a merc.
    Congratulations on a sweet gold find.
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

| |) happydance02 <:

Mind blowing find!

Drinks are on you!

lol
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Oh my goodness! Jackpot!!!! <:

Must have been quite the rush when you realized what you were holding in your hand.
    Care to share a little bit more info of the find?... Deep in the water? Deep in the sand? :->

Doesn't get much better than this one. Congratulations DirtFisher. Thanks for sharing it with us.

There's gold in them thar waters! Congrats on what will probably be the coin of the month. Or Year for that matter. Congrats on a terrific find!! |
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm

you get a on that find , | |
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Quote Originally Posted by jkress link=topic=8819.msg99334#msg99334 date=1328412081
    Oh my goodness! Jackpot!!!! <:

Must have been quite the rush when you realized what you were holding in your hand.
    Care to share a little bit more info of the find?... Deep in the water? Deep in the sand? :->

Doesn't get much better than this one. Congratulations DirtFisher. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Hi JK! It was in 4 feet of water. I got it on the first try with my long handled scoop. It was about 6 inches down.

i'm jealous...and i concur with what everyone else has stated.

<: <: <: SWEEEEEEEEET
    Minelab Etrac, SEF 8x6.
    Garrett AT Gold, 5x8 coil, Garrett PP
    Equinox 800

Way to go buddy, its going to hard to ever top that one, next to a slave tag a gold coin would be a find of a lifetime for me, big congrats!!!!!!!

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose.....awesome find in the drink. Did you try cpr to revive the bouy? Awesome! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

That one is just beautiful. It's exciting enough seeing a gold ring at the bottom of the scoop, so I bet that one had your head spinning. lol Congrats!

Hey Reese, I'm really happy for you. I found like a part of me found that coin after all the conversations we've had online! LOL

Really good job. So, I imagine it was with the AT Pro (I don't think you want another E-Trac Water fiasco? >

So, how much is that coin worth (and I know you won't sell it) because it's always nice to say I paid for my detector with that coin!

Beautiful coin,
    Albert

awsome gold coin!!

ahhh my king, what a stately looking men he was and with the queens diamond jubilee coming up it was a great find,congrats mate its a stunning coin

Quote Originally Posted by earthmansurfer link=topic=8819.msg99383#msg99383 date=1328451511
    Hey Reese, I'm really happy for you. I found like a part of me found that coin after all the conversations we've had online! LOL

Really good job. So, I imagine it was with the AT Pro (I don't think you want another E-Trac Water fiasco? >

So, how much is that coin worth (and I know you won't sell it) because it's always nice to say I paid for my detector with that coin!

Beautiful coin,
    Albert
    Thanks Albert. I found it with my Excalibur II. I felt like you there were on my shoulders the whole time while hunting that lake. It's probably worth no more that it's 22K gold value so no it didn't pay for the detector.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

a GOLD coin that is a fantastic find!! Congrats on a beauty.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber