Thread: Hunting Yards With Electronic Dog Fences?

Hunting Yards With Electronic Dog Fences?

Does anyone know any trick to hunting a yard that has one of those Invisble Dog Fences I have tried noise cancelling, switching channels lowering sensitivity etc. I find you get constant squeals and blips. I am at a loss to know what to do. I am using an E-Trac.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Re: Hunting Yards With Electronic Dog Fences?

How about asking them to unplug the dog fence while you hunt?
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSage link=topic=8835.msg99548#msg99548 date=1328544273
    How about asking them to unplug the dog fence while you hunt?
    That was my first thought as well. Can they secure the dog(s) and turn the fence off while you hunt? Otherwise it would seem to be a lost cause.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=8835.msg99555#msg99555 date=1328549531
    That was my first thought as well. Can they secure the dog(s) and turn the fence off while you hunt? Otherwise it would seem to be a lost cause.
    I mentioned to them that as long as the power was on I could not hunt and response was &quoth well I'm sorry for that But did not offer to turn it off.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

I have an electric fence for my dogs. Every time I go to my test garden I have to turn it off or I get interference. You also need to avoid where the wire is buried it is only down about two inches and it is made of copper. If you would cut it that would not be good.
    I would just explain to them about the interference and if that doesn't work than you can just adjust your detector to deal with it that best you can. Good luck.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I hunted a yard with an electric fence and i gave up going near it. I use a dfx and it was ok as long as i stayed 10 ft or so away.
    no setting adjusted would totally eliminate the interference. mike

Candidate Member

I think the one time I tried it was the most interference I ever experienced. They switched if off for me, but I left a reminder for myself to make sure they turned it back on when I was leaving.
    X-50, Silver U-Max, X-705--"was I supposed to be keeping track ???"