Thread: New to the E-trac

New to the E-trac

Hello Everyone, I just got my E-trac for Christmas and I am trying to fiquire it all out. I came from a dfx and this is way different. Had it out a few times and still trying to get a handle on it. I loaded a ttf program and found a nice indian. I am just going out when the weather is nice,so there is some time to learn. I have been reading all the posts here and learning a lot. Thanks for the info everyone! I have been reading Andy's book as well. I may ask some newb questions, but that's how you learn. I think the etrac is a good machine, I just have to learn it's language.
    E-Trac, Garrett Pro pointer, Leshe, Leshe Sampson

Re: New to the E-trac

Hey Steve.
    I have a DFX also and purchased a E-Trac as well. They are two different animals that's for sure. But in some aspects, the same.
    From the way it sounds you've had your fair share of experience with multiple detectors. It's just a matter of time, and learning what the machine is trying to tell you. If you have any questions along the way there lots of info here on the forum from past members going through the same things you'll be encountering. So feel free to dig through the archives Or if you have a specific question...fire away
    That's what the forum is for! You never know. There maybe another member who's experiencing the same issues and we all can learn from the experience thumbsup01
    Good to have ya aboard
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Veteran Member

There are plenty of E-Trac users on this forum, and Angel, the forum founder, has put up some settings that are awesome for parks and schools, and generally need only minor modifications depending on site.

The one overall piece of advice I can give (and I've also used the DFX and V3), is swing slower than with White's machines. If you get an iffy signal, work it real slow, and it will usually lock on if it is a silver. Good luck.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

If your didn't get Andy Sabisch E-Trac book be sure to get it. Its a GREAT read! I always try to include one in my deals!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.