Hey everyone ! I have a question about detecting on beaches. There's a beach that I've been to since I was little. All the time that I've been there I never saw anyone Detecting, so it should be a good site. The problem is the tide in most areas comes in at night all the way to the back wall, so the beach is moist in alot of spots most of the time. What's good is that at low tide the water goes pretty far out ( at least 300 yds).
I own a whites XLT. Will I get alot of false signals because of the wet sand ? What would be a good detector to use that's inexpensive. I'm sure there's some good finds since the town was established in the 1700's and there are so many visitors a year, there has to be some jewlery somewhere.They don't comb the beach either.
Also, how do I figure out the ideal distance to go out during low tide ? Should I estimate the water line at normal tide and go out a certain distance to increase my chances or would anywhere be good? I figure the good spots should be around the little sand bar areas at low tide also .
Could some of you Beach Comber's out there help me out?
Thanks. Sal