Thread: my first buffalo, my first jesuit ring...more trade items....

my first buffalo, my first jesuit ring...more trade items....

yep, more trade items found, been searching the same spot for the last year. few weeks ago, found my first jesuit ring and buffalo nickle, had to look both of them up on the internet..didn't know what they were, haha.

Happy hunting, weather will be 69 tomorrow!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: my first buffalo, my first jesuit ring...more trade items....

Nice artifacts you got there!
    Whites Spectrum DFX, Fisher F75

2012 Totals :
    Silver-6(oldest 1737 1 reale)
    Coppers-18(oldest 1724 KGI)
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143

69 degrees, where are you located?? I want to go there. Some very nice relics you got there. Congrats.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Great hint those at some cool relics. Good luck on your return trips. HH

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

hey Abucooche , congrats on the great missionary jesuit ring , could you post a nice closeup of the design it has on it . these were given out to native Indians as gifts of friendships and to try to sway them to the path of Christianity . usually it was Christian priest or monk that offered these as they would travel on the frontiers to new villiages teaching the Indians their European language gaining their friendship and trying to convert them to God. it looke very early maybe late 1600's to very early 1720's , and the trigger guard parts are cool as well. keep hitting that site theres bound to be alot more. | | |

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hello Dan, will post a close up tonite. THanks for the history of the ring, very interesting!!! I found the three trigger guards all within a two hour hunt! Am going out again this afternoon...

Very nice looking hunt! Love that ring and the info that Dan provided on it is OUTSTANDING as usual
    Having fun is what it is all about!

Great finds. I'm currently reading a book about La Salle and his explorations of the Mississippi valley in the late 1600's. Lewis and Clark had nothing on the early French explorers. Thanks for sharing your finds and I am looking forward to seeing more of your finds.

Quote Originally Posted by pulltabsteve link=topic=8919.msg100624#msg100624 date=1329351658
    Very nice looking hunt! Love that ring and the info that Dan provided on it is OUTSTANDING as usual
    Yep, agreed
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=8919.msg100593#msg100593 date=1329334804
    hey Abucooche , congrats on the great missionary jesuit ring , could you post a nice closeup of the design it has on it . these were given out to native Indians as gifts of friendships and to try to sway them to the path of Christianity . usually it was Christian priest or monk that offered these as they would travel on the frontiers to new villiages teaching the Indians their European language gaining their friendship and trying to convert them to God. it looke very early maybe late 1600's to very early 1720's , and the trigger guard parts are cool as well. keep hitting that site theres bound to be alot more. | | |

Dan
    hey dan, here is a close up of the ring, i am eager to find another one and do some research on it. i went out for a little while today, found some sort of iron key??, looks like a knife blade, and few other copper pieces. not sure about the iron key, but interesting
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Very nice finds. Love the ring and the history of it. Congrats and good luck on the future hunts. |
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

I looked at this post because of the mention of the Jesuit Ring. Thanks for the explanation Dan!! Love this site, so much knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=8919.msg100593#msg100593 date=1329334804

Dan
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

awesome finds !!!!!!!!!!!!! that ring is sweet! |
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Welcome to the forum Abucooche . Great finds and pictures .I'm liking that ring also .Thanks to you for posting and to Dan the history man for the gained knowledge . | |

I would give or do just about anything to have a site like that to hunt. You are making some really interesting discoveries.

Shoot me an offer if you must!
    "It was mad pheromone love over a little full moon entombed, and the people found it hard to understand until they saw for themselves the light pouring forth from a hole in the ground exposing a lonely turned ecstatic murky dime ......." please see me at http://www.youtube.com/user/plehbah