Thread: What I (we) did on Valentines Day!

What I (we) did on Valentines Day!

a few you know me personally from the club or meeting up on a site. We have been engaged over 2 years (together over 4) and just wanted to git er done. This was a simple quiet ceremony done by my friend who is a JP. Leaving 2/25 for a week in Cancun. Yes we are taking a detector, not so much for serious water hunting but to pull a few pesos out of the sand for fun. She has a Coinmaster Pro. The top of the seven has mild waves, where we stay the surf roars. Still I could consider packing a water unit and travel scoop....

The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Re: What I (we) did on Valentines Day!

you two make a great looking couple,,congrats and the best of luck on your honeymoon and finding a bunch of coins.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Congratulations!!! That is a great story. Also, kudos to you for finding a partner who loves to detect too. thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

wow Bruce , my sincerest congratulations to you both ...
    i guess that explains why i didn't see you at the club meeting tuesday, a great excuse i might add i wish you both the best of happiness together and have a great time in Cancun.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks all, I know we were meant to share a life. She got a Coinmaster Pro when I got the V3i in Oct as part of a package deal. She will be more at home in tot lots and dry beach sand. Often at night when we are on Cape Cod we put on our head lamp flashlights and I detect while she collects shells. She always telling me to catch something good when I go out detecting. Back in 2008 we at the CT shore with her youngest daughter (27 then) and her eldest grand daughter. While we were all wading knee deep I was detecting and pulled out two gold rings on consecutive hits. I made it look too easy and had to explain it's not always like that. Once while detecting waist deep off Cape Cod she was standing next to me when I scooped two large cents, 3 indian cents and two 1925 SL quartes from a 10' x 10' area in 10 minutes. I was totally gassed pulling those out of the ocean.
    Her main hobby is ceramics / functional pottery. We are both looking toward a happy retirement. The max she will continue to work is 5 years, we both could get out now but this part of my career is gravy.
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

looks like you not only have a detecting partner but you also have a partner for life congrats on both dennis

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

A big congratulations to you and have agreat time on your honeymoon.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Huge congratulatons on the big move. It's always nice to find a partner for life. Enjoy Cancun and hope you can find somerthing great while there.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Congratulations! Have a great time on the honeymoon, and much luck in the future.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Congratulations !!! | thumbsup01

Congratulations!

Way to go. <: Congratulations to the both of you.

That is so romantic! Wonderful pics Congratulations!!! Makes me wish my hubby liked detecting crying01 Oh well, at least he likes to see what I found

Where exactly are you going to stay in Cancun? Btw that's where we went on our honeymoon almost 10 yrs ago! (Riviera Maya Spa Palace Resort)

Good luck detecting down there |

Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP