Thread: new to MD'ing

Candidate Member

new to MD'ing

Im just getting started and know little. If your in central texas and don't mind sharing your expertise with a newbee please respond.
    It's not about the destination, It's about the journey

Re: new to MD'ing

hello Thesafeman , welcome to the forum . what kind of detector are you currently using as maybe some of us can give you some tips to help. one of the best pieces of advice i can offer is to search for a detecting club near you , its a wealth of experience but more importantly you'll find someone very close to you to who might be able to take you to some areas for help. glad you found us here .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey thesafeman!
    Del gave you some great advice thumbsup01 Also feel free to ask any questions you might have. We've all been were your at
    Welcome to the [s]addiction[/s] hobby lol and...Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by thesafeman link=topic=8947.msg100858#msg100858 date=1329529908
    Im just getting started and know little. If your in central texas and don't mind sharing your expertise with a newbee please respond.
    Central Texas covers a lot of territory. Can you narrow that down? martin

Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome to the forum from central Illinois! There is lots of helpful information on the internet in the various metal detecting forums and on YouTube. My best advice for a beginner is to learn everything you can about your particular machine, be patient and persistent and don't become discouraged if you don't find anything great at first.

Good luck and I hope you stick around and keep us posted on your progress!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Candidate Member

Thanks to all who responded. I am 30 mins. north of Austin in Georgetown. I found a website for a club in south Austin that lists a monthly meeting on the second thursday. I am planing on attending the next one in march to check it out. If you are a member of this club please respond I would love to here from you.
    It's not about the destination, It's about the journey