Thread: Greetings from Utaaaaaaaaaah!

Greetings from Utaaaaaaaaaah!

HAPPY THURSDAY!

Just wanted to say hello! I've had a Whites XLT for about 100 years now and just recently got back into detecting (we moved to UTaaaaaah from SoCal 6 years ago and the detector was lost for most of that time... we won't go into HOW it became lost....ahem...idiot brother-inlaw who helped move us).

Looking at this forum I am finding myself wanting, no... NEEDING an eTrac. Trying to come up with a plan to finance one.. anyone interested in buying guitars/firearms/airplanes/motorcycles/recording gear/cameras?? hehe.. My wife is going to kick my arse! Busted out the big box of clad/toycars/junk and let the kids go through it the other night. That got them really fired up to join me!

Say... while i'm here.. Does anyone have a line on old Lake Park Resort in Farmington UT? I'm attempting to do research and keep hitting roadblocks.

Lookin' forward to participating in this fantastic forum!

Rick

Re: Greetings from Utaaaaaaaaaah!

Welcome, Rick | Can't help you with the location-specific questions, but I can say that I do like my E-Trac

Looking forward to seeing your posts! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome from Santa Cruz, CA From your screen name just want to say please don't post a picture of yourself!! rofl
    This is a great site, you will feel at home in no time!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Welcome FNG <} , I get the feeling you have a great sense of humor and can be brutally honest thumbsup01 . Hope you can wheel+deal yourself to an E-trac real soon .

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon link=topic=9005.msg101534#msg101534 date=1330047682
    From your screen name just want to say please don't post a picture of yourself!! rofl
    <} Really!! \
    Hey Rick!
    Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! I'm not going to be able to lend any help with the resort but I wish you all the luck locating it and obtaining permission to hunt it thumbsup01 And when you do... we loooove pictures! lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

hey who's the FNG hello and welcome to the forum Rick hope to read about your finds soon .glad you found us here .

Dan

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Rick, have you made any cool finds in the past? I look forward to seeing your future finds. Good luck from CT. ...and put some clothes on
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Welcome aboard from southern Nevada.

I too have an idiot brother-in-law.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

FNG, again welcome to the forum. 100 years for an xlt, boy can Whites build them. Sorry I can't help with the location you are looking for seeing that I am in western MA. Looking forward to your posts and finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Hello Rick and welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. The Etrac is a great machine, good luck in your pursuit of one. HH

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Hey all, thanks for the replies! Yeah Sheik, I'm a little out there for sure! haha

I played hookie from work today and on the way home drove through a city that was established in the early 1800's. One of the large properties I drove by had these MASSIVE trees laying on their sides (really high winds recently) and there were a couple of guys trying to clean up the mess. I stopped and asked permission to hunt the area and they gave me the thumbs up!

I couldn't spend much time there today but did find an old silver ring, some type of old railroad token (needs to be cleaned, all I can see is ..ail.. tok...) and what I think is a really old iron button hook for boots I think? No coins..yet! best of all, NO TRASH on the property as it is fenced in.. pretty amazing!

I bought a Gerber e-tool shovel tonight (to go along with my soon-to-be e-trac!) and am headed over tomorrow for a few hours.. Will try relic mode on the XLT since there is almost no trash, and dig everything.

There is a stream running through the property (around 5 acres in size) so I'll check that out as well. I can put the XLT coil in the water, right?

I loaned my camera out to a friend recently so will upload some pics when he returns it.

Sure wish I had that e-trac already!

Welcome to the forum, Rick! It sounds like that property might be a good place to hunt. If you're finding old relics and tokens there's a good chance there may be old coins too.

When I was getting back into metal detecting a year ago and started looking for a machine, I also came to the conclusion that I needed an E-Trac after reading all of the forums. I purchased mine in March of last year and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have had success with it way beyond my expectations.

I'm glad you're getting back into the hobby, it can be so rewarding. Keep us updated on your finds!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Went back to the old property again today and got skunked.. No coins or anything (I need that etrac!). Went to a local park on the way home and found a couple bucks in clad and a gold ring w/ 8 diamonds! No initials on the ring and not even sure if it is real (how do I tell??). Will check out the lost and found column in the local newspapers..

Quote Originally Posted by FatNakedGuy link=topic=9005.msg101799#msg101799 date=1330219836
    Went back to the old property again today and got skunked.. No coins or anything (I need that etrac!). Went to a local park on the way home and found a couple bucks in clad and a gold ring w/ 8 diamonds! No initials on the ring and not even sure if it is real (how do I tell??). Will check out the lost and found column in the local newspapers..
    You will have that E-Trac soon enough

Did the ring come in at a typical gold range? There should be a stamp of gold content and sometimes jeweler somewhere on the inside of the band. If there isn't, that's a good indication that it might not be real, but take it to a trusted jeweler (or buy a gold testing kit) to be sure.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Welcome from Mississippi. Good luck on your new digs. Will be looking forward to your post and finds.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

welcome from BOSTON,around here we demand at the very least wear socks while posting.
    If it wasn't for flashbacks, i would have no memory at all

Welcome from down yonder in Kentucky I also love the old homesteads

Btw hubby and I love Utah and even named our sons Bryce and Logan! |
    One of these days we'll get them out there to see Bryce Canyon and town of Logan... they're only 4 & 6 yrs old. How old are your kids? My 4 yr old is interested in the hobby, looking forward to having a serious hunting buddy myself!

Hope to see some of your finds-like Tim (IllDigger)said we loooove pics around here
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Welcome to our corner of the net. It's great to have you here with us.

welcome to the forum.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.