Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found my first copper today-1833!!!

Found my first copper today-1833!!!

Found it next to a house built in 1865 just a few hours ago! I'm so excited! My first copper! I thought of Coinnut and Del when I found it

Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Re: Found my first copper today-1833!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW lol lol She's a beauty Tanacat. Congrats on your first of many! I wished you video taped that dance rofl Cause you must have been flying high Nice that your first one was in really excellent shape
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member

Yes, that is a very nice one. Keep pounding that site.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Way to go thumbsup01 I can only dream of finding those
    E-Trac,F75

Beautiful coin, Tanacat! Congrats on a great find. thumbsup01

Hey Tana, Great Large cent. I knew Idd wish I had gone on the hunt today . There has to be more around there under all that junk and cans. Thats only the 4th LC That I know of being found around here. Good Job thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 cant wait for the weekend
    Vision, DX-1

Tana, that is INCREDIBLE!!! It's in beautiful shape. They come out of the ground beautiful here, just as in the midwest where I'm from!! In the northeast the ground eats them alive and you can barely recognize them.

Congrats!!!! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thanks everyone! What was SO WILD about my find--- is I had just swung near a little pile of cans I'd gathered from the bushes. It read 85/86 VDI which I COULD have mistook for the cans! I kicked them over a bit and sure enough....

I'm in love! Now I have to buy some of those coin sleeve thing-a-doo-hickeys lol

Quote Originally Posted by handyman View Post
    Hey Tana, Great Large cent. I knew Idd wish I had gone on the hunt today . There has to be more around there under all that junk and cans. Thats only the 4th LC That I know of being found around here. Good Job thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 cant wait for the weekend
    I moved a lot of junk from front yard to porch today- we'll have to hunt some more there. I found it along the tree line/shrub line next to the driveway! The sideyard is soooo junky- lots of work there. I wonder who lived there before Mr. ...- if those walls could talk...

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Tana, that is INCREDIBLE!!! It's in beautiful shape. They come out of the ground beautiful here, just as in the midwest where I'm from!! In the northeast the ground eats them alive and you can barely recognize them.

Congrats!!!! thumbsup01
    Just let me know when you want to go out there with me/us Angie! Kevin and I have plans for this weekend. It's 110 acres of beautiful farmland. The old farmhouse was built in 1865 and old Mr...(89 yrs old- he's quite a character) lived there from 1944- 2006.
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    Just let me know when you want to go out there with me/us Angie! Kevin and I have plans for this weekend. It's 110 acres of beautiful farmland. The old farmhouse was built in 1865 and old Mr. Halfhill (89 yrs old- he's quite a character) lived there from 1944- 2006.
    I have my kids this weekend but with some planning could get away for a few hours Saturday with you and Kevin. My daughter's 9th birthday party is this weekend so I am doing that Sunday. Let me know
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

WOW first large copper Tanacat and its a real purdy one too, huge congrats . thumbsup01 thumbsup01 Heavymetalnut hasn't seen one in so long i think he may cry when he gets a glimpse of that beauty lol lol . i think its safe to say someone has got the copper bug now huh . very very nice and congrats again .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

HOOOOOOOOLY COOOW !!!
    That is just flawless !!!WOW !!!
    Good for you !!! thumbsup01
    I'm hopin' to find my first LC this season.
    BIG [size=1t]CONGRATS
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    i think its safe to say someone has got the copper bug now huh . very very nice and congrats again .

Dan
    Yes, I do have the copper bug now... lol My mom and hubby are real impressed. Hubby: My God that thing is OLD 177 yrs old! I'm curious, is there anything you can put on coppers (some sort of oil) to make it look like it does when wet? It's so much more detailed...
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    WOW first large copper Tanacat and its a real purdy one too, huge congrats . thumbsup01 thumbsup01 i think its safe to say someone has got the copper bug now
    Dan
    We didn't know she had it in her aye?? lol Now she's hooked on coppers They do get you blood pumpin' when you first see that large disc come out.

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    I'm curious, is there anything you can put on coppers (some sort of oil) to make it look like it does when wet? It's so much more detailed...
    Short answer - not really lol Long answer, there are some temporary things you can do to it but they all dry out or end up looking fake. My God, you only had it for a couple of hours and already you are trying to ruin it I just let most of mine be and keep them in a 2x2 folder.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    My God, you only had it for a couple of hours and already you are trying to ruin it I just let most of mine be and keep them in a 2x2 folder.
    Okay okay I'll let it be... I lover her just the way she is. I've been reading all about the history of the first cents, very interesting.
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

Congratulations Tanacat...Wow! thumbsup01
    I wish I could find one of those on Hippie Hill
    HH,
    MT
    E-Trac with all the goodies!

Very nice Tana! I am sure you will do just as good at the up and coming hunt. My girlfriend will be with me so you will have someone else to hunt with also.

Way to go!! thumbsup01 Nice large copper you found there. Keep going over that yard, you'll be surprised how many things pop out each time you go. Especially after you've had some time on your new machine and learn all its nuances.
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Very nice!!!

Didn't take you long to get the hang of that new machine. Huh?

Congratulations!!!!
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Very nice!!!

Didn't take you long to get the hang of that new machine. Huh?

Congratulations!!!!
    You were so right- wouldn't trade her for the world! I like the complexity too, the challenge of the programs and such. I still can't quite discern trash from the goods, realizing it will take some time to get to know my machine...

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Congratulations Tanacat...Wow! thumbsup01
    I wish I could find one of those on Hippie Hill
    HH,
    MT
    I bet you've found some interesting jewelry and paraphernalia?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW lol lol She's a beauty Tanacat. Congrats on your first of many! I wished you video taped that dance rofl Cause you must have been flying high Nice that your first one was in really excellent shape
    Yeah I knew it was something special! But knew not to rub the dirt around and scratch her. It seemed to take forever to get to my car to get the water to rinse her off. lol When the date was revealed I was flying high.
    Of course I had to call my detecting buddy immediately (Handyman). Wow what a rush! And of course check my pricing guide to see if worth thousands (just a little disappointed in that arena... but $20 + isn't too bad)

Quote Originally Posted by magic View Post
    Very nice Tana! I am sure you will do just as good at the up and coming hunt. My girlfriend will be with me so you will have someone else to hunt with also.
    Thanks- looking forward to meeting you both in person! I need to mail in my form- it's laying here on the counter Can't wait for that trip!!! We love camping... I'm bringing hubby, kids and my mom--- the whole fam damily!

Quote Originally Posted by xzlr8n View Post
    Way to go!! thumbsup01 Nice large copper you found there. Keep going over that yard, you'll be surprised how many things pop out each time you go. Especially after you've had some time on your new machine and learn all its nuances.
    Thanks! Yeah, I think I might go back there today after I take my kid to the bus stop- even though it's in the 30's lol rofl lol rofl I'm hooked!
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC