Thread: Got lucky Fri.

Got lucky Fri.

I started out to go to Jackson , Tn. to hunt the old Salem Cemetary Battle . When I got close to Trenton I realized I had forget my maps of the battle , so I just stoped at Trenton and done some hunting , and GLAD I did . The first picture is where I would have been with no where to go . So here is what I found at Trenton . .54 cal sharps & ringtiils , another pulled bullet , one and a half plates of some kind , another buckle might be the small oval C.S. buckle it was about 1/4 mile from where I found the other C.S. buckle , bottons , anchor and sword or cross with a heart on it , rimfire shells , coins after the War , and two locks . Good luck to all .
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

Re: Got lucky Fri.

Great finds!! Boy, that picture is just crazy. I would not know what to do......Glad your safe. Happy and Safe Hunting!!
    We are not here for a long time, We are here for a good time. Happy Hunting!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Oldest coins: 1690's William III Copper
    1787 N J Copper, 1787 Ct Copper
    massdirtfisher@gmail.com

Seems like your on a lock streak Nice pic of that funnel cloud, thats some scary stuff.
    Whites Spectrum DFX, Fisher F75

2012 Totals :
    Silver-6(oldest 1737 1 reale)
    Coppers-18(oldest 1724 KGI)
    IH's-7
    Flying Eagle- 1
    V-nickels-2
    2012 Tick count-143

Nice picture of the funnel. Some great finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Very nice finds, Congrats! thumbsup01
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Elite Member

Yeah, That's one thing I do not miss about TN...then again we had a BIG one here last year...give me a blizzard over a tornado any day!

Those are some great finds...... I notice the chew marks on some of the bullets...mice come accross them and knaw on them to file down their teeth....and then they die of lead poisoning..... lol....but sometimes, they can be from soldier's biting the bullett which is a pretty cool find.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=9137.msg103075#msg103075 date=1331143548
    Yeah, That's one thing I do not miss about TN...then again we had a BIG one here last year...give me a blizzard over a tornado any day!

Those are some great finds...... I notice the chew marks on some of the bullets...mice come accross them and knaw on them to file down their teeth....and then they die of lead poisoning..... lol....but sometimes, they can be from soldier's biting the bullett which is a pretty cool find.
    Hidy RW . I started to put a large pix. of them on here and they could have been bit by our Southern boys . This is where the battle of Sept. 7 , 1862 at Trenton , Tn. was South 30 killed , 20 wonded it dosent say for the North .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Civil War Nut
    V3, V3i, 4" 6" 8" (3) 10" 12" DD super coils

lot of neat finds and that is a nasty looking storm,glad you were safe,good hunting.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

nice assortment of finds. Quite a few bullets. Mean looking funnel cloud, glad everything worked out.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Nice bunch of relics. If I was near that tornado I would have been under ground. Be safe and HH

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Man! Great thread CWN! First off the tornado picture is just nuts!
    Glad to see you were a least standing a little farther away than the others thumbsup01 lol
    But it's funny how things workout ain't it. You had a great hunt even though it wasn't your intended hunt lo-cal thumbsup01 It seems everything happens for a reason
    The chewed bullets are awesome finds alone. And you found 3! stretcher: Thats crazy! But my favorite has to be the pulled bullet. Great picture of the threads from the puller or extractor! thumbsup01
    All kindsa cool stuff!
    Congrats!!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

That is a great group of finds, and an awesome picture of a tornado. That is a tough day to beat.....

C'mon summertime!
    "It was mad pheromone love over a little full moon entombed, and the people found it hard to understand until they saw for themselves the light pouring forth from a hole in the ground exposing a lonely turned ecstatic murky dime ......." please see me at http://www.youtube.com/user/plehbah

Nice hunt, we find quite a few chewed minie's here. The shot of that tornado resembles hunting here in Oklahoma. lol

Etrac,Garrett Pro Pointer,Sunray x-5 Coil.