Thread: Two Mercury Dimes

Two Mercury Dimes

I spent a few hours at the park, but it was a blustery afternoon making it colder than I would have liked. I had to return to my car to put on another pullover but it only made it barely bearable to be out on the open field. Anyway, though my teeth were chattering, I did manage to find two beautiful mercury dimes and about ten wheat cents. I think I'll wait for the weekend now.

I dug this old lantern part while working a trashy part of the park. The area appears to have been used as a dumping spot.

HH!

Re: Two Mercury Dimes

2 more for the pile Time to bulk up there partner It's not quite Spring yet Not a bad short hunt though, but I had to laugh at the lanter top. I've found so many of them in pieces this year and they sound just good enough to dig A lot of parks were built on old dumping grounds. It was the in thing to do when they were full. Now we know that we were exposing our kids to toxins since there were no regulations on what you threw out back then. I guess I know what happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    2 more for the pile Time to bulk up there partner It's not quite Spring yet Not a bad short hunt though, but I had to laugh at the lanter top. I've found so many of them in pieces this year and they sound just good enough to dig A lot of parks were built on old dumping grounds. It was the in thing to do when they were full. Now we know that we were exposing our kids to toxins since there were no regulations on what you threw out back then. I guess I know what happened to me
    I know, but I was spoiled by yesterday's warm weather.

The lantern piece did sound off good enough to dig, even with the rest of the trash surrounding it. I'm sure glad I wear gloves... you never know what will be in those holes.

couple of nice mercs for sure Angel , very nice . well you'll like the nice mild 55 degree day for saturday we're suppose to have yessiree .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    couple of nice mercs for sure Angel , very nice . well you'll like the nice mild 55 degree day for saturday we're suppose to have yessiree .
    That's what I'm looking forward to. Today's wind was a killer.

Spoiled alright.... I'm still trying to figure out how New England is less snowy than we are around here.... We've been stuck with 8 inches on the ground for the last month and a half... grrrrr...
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Spoiled alright.... I'm still trying to figure out how New England is less snowy than we are around here.... We've been stuck with 8 inches on the ground for the last month and a half... grrrrr...
    Seriously, we have a foot at least on the ground still and I am getting pretty frustrated seeing these posts!!!

Nice digs Angel. Can't wait to get out myself.
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Nice digs Angel. Judi and I went to Golden Gate Park today and it was raining. We went home.
    I can't imagine what you poor folks do all winter long back there.

Congrats,
    MT

Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    hey Beef thats a question you should be asking Al global warming Gore

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    I dug this old lantern part while working a trashy part of the park. The area appears to have been used as a dumping spot.

Nice... I love old lantern parts. Takes you back to the days before we were spoiled with all this technology...

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey Beef thats a question you should be asking Al global warming Gore
    Okay let's not go there- no religion or politics allowed... Hey that's kinda fun bopping someone in the head- it might be my favorite smiley...

I don't care who's to blame, but mother nature just lost my vote!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Sweet digs buddy!!