Thread: 12 Pieces of silver in 3 outing this week w/back to back 5 silver days...

12 Pieces of silver in 3 outing this week w/back to back 5 silver days...

Sunday Feb 28th:

I am so so so happy to be getting out... Hi my name is Paul and I'm an Addict!

I started the day working a site that I hit plenty hard last year and got the '39 Washington at yesterday... I had 7 wheaties and a 56 Roosies and decided to jump to a new location I've nevver hunted before...

My 2nd target at the new location was '54 Roosie...

Wheaties were flowing... then 10 minutes later.... 1923 Merc...

More wheaties...

The 1964 and 1947 Roosies were in the same hole!!

The day totalled 47 coins... I did nab a Sac dollor and 2 generic gaming tokens as well... I have to clean up the wheaties... I can read 1/2 of them and they are in the 40s-50s...

5 Silver in one day! That is a new record for me.... HAPPY DANCE!!

Monday Mar 1st:

Hello all!

I headed back to the site I was at yesterday after work... I only had 90 minutes of light and some lights on the side to maybe extend that a little...

My 1st unearthed item was a sterling silver penant...

Then out popped the 1945 Washington... I so knew this was a silver quarter @ 6 It was pegged on 12/46 and had that sweetest minelab silver sound...

Next was Mr. 1951 Roosie!

Then another Roosie... 1954

Then 1939 Mercury...

There were 6 wheats in the mix as well...

Hello all!

I headed back out again tonight... It was low 40's here again today... (incoming snow is predicted...)

It was almost 20 minutes before I had my first target to recover and close to 60 minutes before the 1962 Roosie appeared...

I started to hit a section with wheaties and was hoping there was some silver left... I was not dissapointed... 1948 Roosevelt...

There is a Cub/Boy Scout scarf thingy in the mix as well..

8 more Wheaties in the hunt as well...

5 hunts so far this year... 13 Silver coins... 1 Sterling piece of jewelry and 39 Wheat pennies... I'm so happy that the year is taking off like a rockett!

HH!
    Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Re: 12 Pieces of silver is 3 outing this week w/back to back 5 silver days...

Hey Paul, It seems that you are having the same problem that Angel is having. That darn machine keeps finding silver when all we really want are those zinc pennies rofl You better send that one back and ask them for one that works right It is a silver magnet and I see you are having no problem finding that out. Something about seeing 12-46 on the display, makes the heart rate increase just a bit lol Nice series of hunts and many more to come....the year is still very, very young. Congrats.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Re: 12 Pieces of silver in 3 outing this week w/back to back 5 silver days...

[glow=red,2,300]Incredible haul thumbsup01[/glow]. I hope my new V3 finds silver like you guys with your eTrac's. I'm still looking at snow, mud and frozen ground >:\
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Sweet Silvers!!! Congrats on 3 awesome hunts!
    CTX 3030, Garrett Propointer
    2013 Silver count: 27
    2012 Silver count: 30
    2011 Silver count: 58
    2010 Silver count: 77

Great story and photos! All this silver is really making me drool Congratulations! thumbsup01
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Sweet! Congrats on some very nice finds. Love the close up photos. thumbsup01

Holy cow !! This snow needs to get out of here...NOW !
    That is awesome...a great three day take !
    Congrats
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

OYE!! Now that was a great hunt. I sure hope my machine treats me like that this year.
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo F

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice silver. Never get tired of looking at it and love to see it dug! Congrats!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!