Thread: ":grin:iggers TV show update

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

":grin:iggers TV show update

This is an article about the TV show &quotiggers It was published in the Billings Montana Gazzete. Montana is the home state of the shows two hunters. It looks like they may have broken a few laws and could be in trouble. I copied and pasted a couple of the paragraphs that stood out. For the full article follow this link.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...1b47df92e.html

The first episode of the &quotiggers, called Montana Juice, was filmed at the Old Montana Prison, a state-owned property in Deer Lodge. The show aired on Feb. 28.

State archaeologist Stan Wilmoth said the show's production company, Half Yard Productions of Bethesda, Md., did not request or receive a permit to dig at the site, which is required because the site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

As of Wednesday, National Geographic Channel had not ordered any more episodes of the half-hour show, according to Chris Albert, the channel's vice president of communications. He added that the channel is working to open a dialogue with those who complained about the show but said he had no details.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Re: ":grin:iggers TV show update

Mullings suggested that the program hire a registered professional archaeologist to consult with the show's producer to modify future content.

rofl Yeah, that might change the focus of the show just slightly, do you think? lol

I'm glad they are giving up on the idea of this stupid show. Thanks for the update on this!

I am still upset that some detectorists would actually approve of such abuse of the hobby being aired. One negative thing I didn't mention before is that it also perpetuates the already strained relationships between archaeology and metal detecting.

I'm glad that overall, people are objecting to this to the point that it's being pulled from the air.

And they detected on federal historic land without permission! I can't believe they only asked the property leasers and not the owners for permission! 8/ Unbelievable.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I havent seen it, and don't want to.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

BOO
    "It was mad pheromone love over a little full moon entombed, and the people found it hard to understand until they saw for themselves the light pouring forth from a hole in the ground exposing a lonely turned ecstatic murky dime ......." please see me at http://www.youtube.com/user/plehbah