Thread: Buttons, 1852 and silver ":daydream:'s

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Buttons, 1852 and silver ":daydream:'s

From the land of the Bluenose.....while the man of leisure toiled away at the local flea markets this working class stiff was laying the ground work for a day of digging by making the boss breakfast in bed.

About 11am Navy Davy showed up and away we went as Marie and her sisters headed for the Rubber Duckie car wash. Lord only knows how bad Otto needed a bath.

Ironically we chose a digging spot that had been my first exposure to the hobby and it wasn't long before Navy Davy was folding himself to dig targets.

And even sooner it seemed that the Navy Davy Fan Club swarmed him and admiring the 1852 Quebec Bank token that he had unearthed. Mister man that is one big heavy coin!

We made a fine pair on this day with ND's bad back and my bruised ribs. The moaning and groaning I'm sure could rival the fog horn from the lighthouse at Ketch Harbour!

Navy Davy was having a field day finding a nice silver ring followed by a small gold one. His Ace 250 was a humming with a dog tag, a few buttons, an eyeball eye find and a nifty little bell to go along with his 30 coins.

As for this old bouy it was a silver ring, key, two dog tags and 84 coins @ $6.16

The mandatory Tim's once again was fruitless as we continued our &quot4 in that department.

The day before I had been scouting the old stagecoach stop area and was dismayed that yet another spot had bite the dust due to construction. Couldn't even find the cellars!

On the brighter side I did manage to catch a glimpse of the rare , native to Nova Scotia only &quotouy Tree in full bloom!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Re: Buttons, 1852 and silver ":daydream:'s

Great story as usual... excellent finds! I love the rings!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Nice finds - Great post!! 8)
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

A good day out and nice finds Leslie... HH RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Both of you had a good day's hunt. Too bad about the stage stop being lost. Were you able to hunt the freshly turned dirt?? I would have
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold