Thread: Connecticut Park Silver

Connecticut Park Silver

Today I checked out a Connecticut park I had not been to before. But I didn't remain there long as it wasn't in the best of areas. I need to return with a hunting buddy. I then headed to another park I had worked on several occasions early last year. Before arriving at the park I stopped to hit a grassy strip on the way and dug up a 1964 Roosevelt dime before continuing on. At the park I dug up four more silver coins, three mercury dimes, dated 1926, 1937, and 1942, as well as a fine looking 1905-O Barber quarter.

Here is the 1926 mercury dime still covered with soil.

And a 1937 mercury dime is in this one.

The Barber quarter was a very nice surprise.

Today's total silver take.

And five wheat cents.

HH!

Re: Connecticut Park Silver

Always be safe. A partner is always a good idea when unsure about an area. You bring up a very good guideline to follow Angel. Thanks for the reminder. Gorgeous looking Silver. Even more impressive is the pictures of the dirt. Thawed completely, no ice crystals... I can't wait. Great hunt, thanks for sharing.

Keep Swing'in
    Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

hey will ya let me catch up on your other silver finds posts before you get out and find some more already , jeez your a machine Angel . your on an amazing pace again , keep it up buddy.

Nice '26 Mercury!! May I advise 2 friends for them bad areas. Smith and his buddy Wesson Nice silver. Where is that Standing Liberty anyways

Great finds, Angel. Bet you could detect in a paved parking lot and pull up silver LOL. Get some more today!

Wow these are great- although that one barber that left the imprint- it's my fave thus far Hey do you ever have group/club hunts up there in your part of the woods?

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    Wow these are great- although that one barber that left the imprint- it's my fave thus far Hey do you ever have group/club hunts up there in your part of the woods?
    i hope he does cause i want lessons and hopefully he'll give us a group discount

Great silver day Angel... that Barber is a beauty. RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hey will ya let me catch up on your other silver finds posts before you get out and find some more already , jeez your a machine Angel . your on an amazing pace again , keep it up buddy.

I'm just getting the cabin fever I had out of my system. It will slow down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Nice '26 Mercury!! May I advise 2 friends for them bad areas. Smith and his buddy Wesson Nice silver. Where is that Standing Liberty anyways
    Or maybe a taser, which I likely would end up using on myself. Oh, and the no standing liberty quarter curse was finally broken today. I'll post it later.

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    Great finds, Angel. Bet you could detect in a paved parking lot and pull up silver LOL. Get some more today!
    I did pick up several more today.

I would not be a good guide. I would end up losing everyone. Actually, though, a forum group hunt would be great! We will look into planning something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    I would not be a good guide. I would end up losing everyone. Actually, though, a forum group hunt would be great! We will look into planning something like that.
    That would be great! Btw, I just sent liability release form for a DFX only hunt in Ohio. It should be a good one- 600 acre boyscout camp! My mom, hubby, kids and I are camping out and they're gonna let me hunt my hearts desire
    About 6 weeks- I'm counting the days...

That would be great! Btw, I just sent liability release form for a DFX only hunt in Ohio. It should be a good one- 600 acre boyscout camp! My mom, hubby, kids and I are camping out and they're gonna let me hunt my hearts desire
    About 6 weeks- I'm counting the days...
    You will have a great time! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you coax out of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    I would not be a good guide. I would end up losing everyone.
    He's not kidding Tana. The GPS is his friend.

Your group hunt sounds like a blast Tana. We definitely should plan something like that here.

Angel if you are venturing down to the Hartford area parks it would be in your best interest to have someone with you.I have done some in the past and have some encounters.The best and last one I heard was hey whitey what are you doing on my turf.We are defiantly out of place and are an easy target.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

hey i second that dan.geez man silver silever and more silver.do ya ever get skunked in the silver dept?

Too late Dan, wait until you see his post from today! I'm sorry, but even knowing him as I do, I was amazed!

I guess I need to check this site several times a day jus tkeep up!! Keep em coming Angel!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.