Thread: Did it Again!

Did it Again!

Had to work last night. Got to work tonight and tomorrow night. Took my lunch break this morning about 2:00 AM. Had about 15 minutes left and hit the same sidewalk strip I did last week when I found the Rosie. Same routine as last time. Working fast, but steady. Skipping over the penny signals and anything else that I wasn't sure was silver. First target was the 77 penny. Was bouncing between 71 and 76. Sounded like a penny but bouncing up to 76 made me dig it. Yep a penny. Started back swinging, skipping penny and clad dime signals. Hit a target bouncing between 87 and 91. Kind of high for a quarter, maybe a half? Nope, 1942 Washington. Stuck it in my pocket and went back to work! I know this is not as exciting as the muliple silver finds and the older coins you guys find. But when you only have 15 minutes, you got to do the best you can. I don't know why the signals were bouncing so bad. We have had a lot of rain this week. I am going to blame it on the grond being so wet. I am going to go back to this strip and dig ALL the signals when I have more time.We will see what tonight might bring. Another one for the Jar![attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4]
    Here is THE one danger of hunting at night in Mississippi that scares me! FIRE ANTS! They will eat your lunch!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Re: Did it Again!

looks like you made the most of what little time you had i have the reverse i am retired and have all day after awile you run short of places have to travel farther oh well good luck and congrats on your silver dennis

On the contrary, it IS an exciting find, Cody! I rarely find silver quarters. That you were able to find it in a 15 minute hunt makes it even more exciting!

Good job and congrats!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Nice finds for 15 minutes and I had the pleasure of visiting MS last spring and was quickly educated on the fire ants. OUCH!!!!!
    Minelab E-Trac, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Tesoro Cortes

Wow... another awesome Washington. I have yet to find one this year. crying01
    That strip is holding some goodies for you.

I remember my first experience with fire ants. They are quite ferocious and extremely
    painful when they work as a group.

Congrats on another one for the jar.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

That is great Cody, 15 minute hunt and you found silver. WTG! |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Even a Rosie is a big find for me nowadays and a silver Washington is way cooler . I get the feeling my days of finding an occasional Barber or Seated are pretty much over around here . Congrats on another one for the Jar . | I just recently read that Fire ants are not native to the U.S and are an invasive species killing off and replacing the native ants . :-\

Nice silver quarter! Those are always sweet to find!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

ANY silver quarter is a good find, no matter if its all by itself or mixed in with a dozen other silvers. good job!

BTW...you are correct. fire ants will eat your lunch, your legs, feet, hands, etc. and anything else they find! rofl

Silver quarters are tough to come by even if you have all day to hunt
    So for only 15 minutes I'd say you did very well!
    I'd take that ratio any day thumbsup01
    Congrats!
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

A very nice reward for a short hunt. Can't complain about that.

Cody, a silver quarter in 15 min is great, now if your just skipped eating your lunch and spent the entire time hunting...........just kidding. By the way any posted silver is exciting
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

SA-WEEEEET !
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher