Thread: Nat Geo got the point about Diggers...

Nat Geo got the point about Diggers...

Hi Everyone!
    I spoke with Executive producer at Nat Geo today to find out about the ratings and wether they wanted to do more shows or not. She said they were very concerned about all the flak they were taking about diggers. Diggers was filmed by another production company and sold to Nat Geo.
    I informed her that all the feedback for the Lucky Muckers show I received, was posative and that this is the kind of show you said you want to see. She said they received lots of e-mails concerning how much people didn't like diggers but she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers.
    She told me if that is the kind of show you want to see I shoud let you know to write and tell them.
    Here is the e-mail to send complements or complaints about the show.
    She also said the show should air again in the next couple weeks.

comments@natgeochannel.com

Thanks again for all the great comments
    Happy Hunting!

Chicago Ron

Re: Nat Geo got the point about Diggers...

So do they want to do more shows with you? I didn't see your show (meant to, but missed it).

I think that Nat Geo knew what they were getting into with Diggers. They are not a fly-by-night company and they do their research before making decisions. I do not think that the negative reaction was a shock to them. They have researchers and attorneys who do their background work before such decisions are made.

I guess it comes down to the fact that very negative reviews -- anger and indignation - are, in terms of a marketing sense, much better than no reaction and better than apathy. So I do not believe that they did not expect this (if they didn't, then they aren't doing their job).

So you are victim of people not speaking up because they aren't indignant enough to speak up. Because people don't make waves when they support something.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Well I know they got one positive response for Lucky Muckers because I just finished sending it in .

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

I just sent in my email. Hopefully they will they will do more with Ron in the future.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Thanks everyone I was just passing alon the conversation. The show got a .25 rating. I think that 250,000 viewers. I only 50,000 behind Doomsday preppers.
    She said it is up to the channel and they would probably do more.
    Thanks for the support.
    Now get off the computer and go hunt somewhere! |

I also just sent them an email asking for more shows like Lucky Muckers.
    Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 probe
    White's SM2
    White's SM PI pro

Check out my treasure hunting videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSilverFiend

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Si...03270629825473

http://www.thesilverfiend.com