Thread: silver ring today

silver ring today

got out today for a hunt and found a silver ring and 1 silver dime, along with 4 wheat pennys. the oldest wheat was a 1919s. and some new coins. silver is real hard to get around here. but im getting the feel for the e-trac now and know when i hear iron. but i still dig some just to make sure that im right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: silver ring today

Good finds. Is that a class ring? thumbsup01

Nice finds, Kevin. That silver ring must have sounded sweet!

the ring came in just like the dime with a co of 46, it is a class ring from 1982 with the ladys name in side the ring. i looked in the phone book but didnt see her name. the ring being silver isnt worth alot but if i can fined the lady i will give it back to her. i guess she would be about 46. i tryed to look in the year books on line but no luck. i could go to the school and ask them but i dont know if they would tell you anything or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinslack View Post
    the ring came in just like the dime with a co of 46, it is a class ring from 1982 with the ladys name in side the ring. i looked in the phone book but didnt see her name. the ring being silver isnt worth alot but if i can fined the lady i will give it back to her. i guess she would be about 46. i tryed to look in the year books on line but no luck. i could go to the school and ask them but i dont know if they would tell you anything or not.
    Hey Kevin, Nice hunt. The school can take your number and give it to her. She can decide if she wants to call you, and usually you can meet somewhere public and safe, like a Dunkin Donuts or such. Sometimes they bring a spouce or friend. This way they know it's not a scam. Scams don't like company or publicity lol Congrats on a great hunt.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

NIce ring find Kevin, good luck on locating the owner!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Yeah that's cool about trying to find the ring's owner! Good luck & keep us posted
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

yes i need to go to the school and ask them, i have been wanting to ask them about hunting on the weekend there. i know a guy who is 65 years old who went to that school and he told me it was over hundred years old so there could be some good targets around there.

heres some better pictures of the ring. i called the school and they said there was no one by the name colleen reynolds in 1982.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by kevinslack View Post
    heres some better pictures of the ring. i called the school and they said there was no one by the name colleen reynolds in 1982.
    stretcher: stretcher: stretcher: Doo Doo Doo Doo (Twilight Zone tune)... that's strange... Maybe it's a guy's ring and he gave it to a younger girl, had her name inscribed
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP