Thread: Hookah Diving

Candidate Member

Hookah Diving

I have a Tesoro Tiger Shark that I have not used a lot yet...wanted to use it more this summer with some Hookah Diving....has anyone on here done that before and how do you like it?

Re: Hookah Diving

Ive been using a hooka now for a couple of years now. I really like being on the bottom seeing what your fanning for. I totally
    dislike the heavy silt that reduces your visibility to zero.(it's hard to find the target). After the first few outings I started using a
    small sand scoop that I already had, it really helps. I usually load everything into a canoe (i have two, a one person 1 battery and
    a larger one that can carry 2 people and 2 batteries.then anchor out in 4 feet of water,test everything out then hit the bottom.
    Do yourself a favor and find a swimming area that has a floating platform or had one ( old pictures). Ive hit a few and have been
    rewarded for it. one produced 18 silver coins 1 gold ring,2 silvers and 2 junk. For a machine I use a beach hunter 300 with a 12
    coil. I sort of wished I bought a minelab, the 300 seems to false more than i would like. If you have any specific questions just
    ask, I will try to help. Do you have a bc?. sometimes its hard to stay neutral bouyant.I also noticed after 2 batteries my mouth is
    wicked sore from bitting the regulator. Also make sure you stay warm enough, it gets a bit colder every thermoplane you pass.
    hope you enjoy the hookah, stay safe and happy hunting. ps every different body of water ive gone to Ive found gold. mike

Candidate Member

Re: Hookah Diving

I am going to build a gas powered one...with an oil less pump..I weld sometimes so I am going to build a special underwater scoop so I can get things done a little quicker ( I hope) also I am searching most places with a small current so the silt hopefully wont be as bad. I have an older weight belt with some lead weights on there...so hopefully I can get it close. Thanks for the tip on the platforms...hopefully I can find some. I am going to hopefully search some underwater foundations