Thread: cameras

cameras

would ike to know what types of cameras some of you use i want to get one but dont want to spend any more than i need to i want one that will take pictures of my finds dennis

Re: cameras

I use a sony 7.2 mega pixel also has macro,it is 8 yr's old and here is one of the pic's I took with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Sorry Dennis, I read this yesterday and toldmyself to check on my camera when I got home but then had to go to a church dinner, totally forgot about it. I will check on it tonight. Total cost from Radio Shack I think was less than $100 for camera, carrying case, and memory card.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Dennis we have gone over this before. Any digital camera with a Macro setting will work great. I use a Cannon Sureshot. Have no idea how much it cost. I turn it on. Turn the dial to auto, push the mode button till it goes to Macro, turn off the flash, focus and shoot! The cameras now a days make it very very simple. You can get complicated! But why? These photo's probably are not going to show up in Look magizine are anything like that. KISS, the way I roll! Just make sure you have lots of natural light and a good background. I know I have seen you mention your grandkids. Let them show you how, they can figure out anything. We are going to get you taking pictures. FIRST you have got to get the camera. Any digital with Macro. Think of it this way. It may cost a little, but should last probably forever. And you will have a nice photo collection of all your finds. I load mine on the computer and now and then do a slideshow and look at them all. Nice. Let us know what we can do to help!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Thanks to the modern digital cameras with macro capability, photography is no longer rocket-surgery.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I went to a thrift shop and picked up a Sony Mavica for $50 then bought a card off ebay for another $15 and LOVE it. I have a new Canon Rebel T3 and I still go back to my Sony. They are somewhat obsolete due to needing the 3 floppy disks but take awesome pics. Newer is not always better. It takes some time to learn how to take great pics with a digital. I have sold a lot of vintage horse tack and people always want pics of the maker's marks and silver markings and found the best way to get a great pic is to go outside on a clear day, set it on macro, hold the camera as close as possible with no flash and it takes a clear, discernible pic. At least with digital, you can practice a lot and not waste film.