Thread: New to American Detectorist from Southeastern Oklahoma

New to American Detectorist from Southeastern Oklahoma

Hi everyone, my name is David, but most everybody calls me Dave. I have been detecting 9 years working on 10 now. I love Coinshooting most, but water detecting is a close second to Coinshooting. I have not done much Relic hunting, but the couple times I have been, I got lucky and found a War of 1812 Riflery Button, didn't even know what it was.lol I can see where it could be as fun as coinshooting or water detecting. Here in Okla, we don't find coins much older than the late 1800's(with a few exceptions, some of my friends have found a few seated coins) so I don't have a lot of real old coins to show, but I have found my share of Silver. Well I hope to post a lot of finds in the future.

Thanks,
    Dpdave38
    An Honest Man Is God's Noblest Work

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Re: New to American Detectorist from Southeastern Oklahoma

hello Dave , welcome to American Detectorist . the rifleman button must have been a real shocker to find huh did you find it in OK. would love to see that one up close i started on the coins but quickley got hooked into relic hunting. glad you joined and hopr your year goes well.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome aboard from western MA. As Del stated sure would love to see that button. What type of detector are you using? Looking forward to your future finds and posts.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=10313.msg114251#msg114251 date=1339634183
    hello Dave , welcome to American Detectorist . the rifleman button must have been a real shocker to find huh did you find it in OK. would love to see that one up close i started on the coins but quickley got hooked into relic hunting. glad you joined and hopr your year goes well.

Dan
    Thanks Dan, yes I did find the button in Okla at an area next to an old fort. Sorry for so many photos, the button is very worn, almost like it is 200 years old.lol Hope you can see it good enough to determine what it is. If you look close you can see the word RIFLE along with the horn and some stars. I use to have a photo of a buton like this off of a button site that helped.

Dpdave38
    Attached Images Attached Images     

(Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030) (Garrett ATpro, Pro Pointer, Ace 250) (Tesoro Tigershark) (XP Deus) are my tools for now.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=10313.msg114257#msg114257 date=1339635576
    Welcome aboard from western MA. As Del stated sure would love to see that button. What type of detector are you using? Looking forward to your future finds and posts.
    aloldstuff, I have several detectors... Whites DFX, Whites V3i, Ace 250, Tesoro Tigershark, Etrac and a XP Deus, but that day I was using my Etrac.

Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your finds and post.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Welcome to the forum from southern Nevada, Dave.

I understand the late 1800's thing. We face the same issue here. If only those darn settlers had started on the west coast. Huh? lol

Anyhoo...Glad to have you aboard.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome from Iowa Dave. Glad to have you here with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber link=topic=10313.msg114276#msg114276 date=1339669173
    If only those darn settlers had started on the west coast. Huh? lol
    rofl If only.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is good to have you on board, GL & HH.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Seems like you have an all-star line up of detectors |. Continued success and welcome from Connecticut.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the club.

Welcome dpdave38, from another newbie in Missouri. Only been hunting for 8 months, and I can't get enough of it. I think it's the excitement of not knowing exactly what you find until it comes out of the ground. Had the opportunity to hunt in a few areas including Scotland last month, but we're still waiting for that first silver. Good hunting Dave, Eric
    Just one more Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by buck57 link=topic=10313.msg114744#msg114744 date=1340216704
    Welcome dpdave38, from another newbie in Missouri. Only been hunting for 8 months, and I can't get enough of it. I think it's the excitement of not knowing exactly what you find until it comes out of the ground. Had the opportunity to hunt in a few areas including Scotland last month, but we're still waiting for that first silver. Good hunting Dave, Eric
    Thanks Eric, I think this hobby gets in your blood even worse with each find you make and Silver or Gold multiplys the effect.lol Hope you pull some Silver soon, because thier is nothing like the feeling you get, to see a silver coin come out of the ground, compared to a clad.

Best Wishes,

Dave