Thread: garrett pinpointer problem

garrett pinpointer problem

ive had my pinpointer for 3 months now and its just started making a noise like an old english police car......any idears whats wrong with it folks ?

Re: garrett pinpointer problem

with all the digging you've done lately , i'd say its worn out from all the exercise lol lol

Lee have you swap a fresh battery in it yet ?? i'm not too familiar with the garrets , maybe some one can help out .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I've been using the same one now for 1 year. So far so good. Couple of things I did discover. Make sure all dirt is removed from the outside. If there is dried mud piled up it can lessen the distance it will pick up. Make sure the speaker holes are clear of dirt. Mine has made a strange noise now and then. But, a little bump here or there always seems to surfice. I have to catch my self sometimes trying to use it as a digging tool, Ha. Probably not good for it. So far, I am pleased!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

I have two of these, and the older one does buzz more and isn't as sharp as the newer one. I have been inside of a Pro Pointer. The mechanism for the vibration is less than robust in design IMO, so I will accept the changes until it stops. I believe that most all of them will evolve this condition. Garretts should have upgraded both the on off switch and the vibrator, but it is what it is. Garretts is good on their out of warranty repair costs and I happen to live close to the factory, so it is less of an issue for me. One day is all it takes when I get a repair. martin

thanks folks , and yes del ive tried changing to new batterys and its still the same......its realy odd , it will be working fine then its like its had to much contaked with the target and begins to sound off like an alarm almost , it realy does sound like a police car from england like.......NE NA NE NA NE NA ( what a terrable impersonation of a police car .... but you should hear my britney spears !!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by lee link=topic=10117.msg112455#msg112455 date=1337898215
    .NE NA NE NA NE NA
    That is the exact sound mine makes when the battery is almost dead. However, when I replace the battery in mine... everything works normal again. I always figured it was a 'Low Battery Alert'.

By the way, I don't think I could have described the sound as well as you did. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jkress link=topic=10117.msg112458#msg112458 date=1337905126
    That is the exact sound mine makes when the battery is almost dead. However, when I replace the battery in mine... everything works normal again. I always figured it was a 'Low Battery Alert'.

By the way, I don't think I could have described the sound as well as you did. lol
    lol I'm with Joe on this one.
    Both with;
    1) Fresh batteries usually solve the police siren sound effects.
    2) I don't think I could have described the sound any better than you did either. lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

I have had the same issue with low battery and that fixed it.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Me too!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Mine will start chirping or falsing sometimes. For no reason I usually just turn it off then back on again and that fixes it. But the bigger issue is if I press to hard in the bottom of a hole on hard ground or when I'm cleaning off the caked on mud and dirt if I squeeze to hard it will also start falseing. Its still under warranty I've only had it about 4 months and its been this way since I first got it. So I think its a remanufactured one but I plan on sending it in before my warranties up. I'll probably wait till the winter months to do it since it still works for now
    1 mercury