Thread: Last day at the swim club

Last day at the swim club

Since Friday is the first day of the Memorial day weekend,it was the last day I had to detect at my friend's swim club. Started March 12, 2012 and finished today. My total's are 525 total clad and memorials,plus: 2 large cents, one 1819 [both given to the owner] ,12 wheats, 6 war nickels,4 Mercury dimes [1940 earliest], 18 Roosevelts,[1946 earliest] and 4 Washington quarters [1956 earliest]. All the silver were on their edge and most were under a root. I covered about 40% of the swim club, spending most of my time in the area I dubbed the silver field. I programed my e-tac to ignore the Penny signals, the ones I dug were usually next to a nickel or dime. I found one thin gold chain and that was the result of being in the same hole as a clad quarter. I started by using the auvio headphones but had trouble pinpointing, so I changed to my Liberty headphones and that problem disappeared. I discovered that silver was easier to detect after a rain storm, when the ground was wet. My buddy Jack worked the first 2 weeks with me and found 4 silver dimes a 1 Washington Quarter, but then went home. While metal detecting yesterday I had a visitor. A small red fox came over to see what I was doing. It stayed about 50 feet away, then laid down on the grass and fell asleep. I let it be and moved in another direction.
    On Tuesday I start detecting private homes, I have a list of 15 that I have gathered. The oldest one is 1740 and the newest 1940. I can't wait. I love my e-trac.
    I'll return to the swim club the Tuesday after Labor Day thumbsup01

Re: Last day at the swim club

Man! The old swim club sounds awesome!
    Congrats on the finds you guys made! Sweet!
    Will you be able to return after the swimming season? lol
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Sounds like a great spot, good luck goin back!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Sweet! Congrats!
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

I have permission to return after Labor day.

That's some great hunting, right there!

Love the story about the fox. I bet that was neat to see.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Sounds like agreat place to hunt, congrats on all your finds. I bet you can't wait until fall so you can finish the other 60%.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

That's some great hunting. Really hope you can do the other 60%. Seems you got a very wide variety of coins, congrats
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thank you for all your comments. Seeing the fox was really cool. In the 1980's I was detecting around an old homesite in Utah, near the Green River and a beaver came up behind me and ate my lunch, which I had put near the stream. Now that was funny... rofl
    I had a salesman come to my house today and during our talk it came up that he lived in a 1725 farmhouse. I am going to detect his house next week !!! We made a deal: he keeps all the jewelry I find and I can keep the coins.

You guys cleaned up at the swim club. Congrats on all the great keepers.

Good luck on your house sites.