My friend Susan asked me to help her find her missing gold earring in her yard a couple years ago. She was standing on the front porch, eager to see how my new V3i worked. I was fooling around with sensitivity and volume when she said c'mon, c'mon let's see it in action!. I swung a few times and immediately got a loud excited signal but was going to disregard, thinking it was just a zinc penny, but she enthusiastically said dig it, dig it! And I was amazed to pull up this big chunk of gold with the year '36 and Cardome college. She looked at it in awe and shook her head and said &quoth my goodness, this is my mom's class ring...

Her mom had passed away 10 years before, she had cared for her mom there at her house before her time had come. Susan showed me her mom's initials engraved in the inside M.J.M., she put on the ring and was deep in thought. She looked at me with puppy-dog eyes and said Can I keep it?...

I said &quoth, of course! It was my first gold ring and I felt proud to return it to it's rightful owner. And as payment I kept the Franklin half, 2 rosies and wheat I found afterwards in her front yard!