Thread: Park Hopping Rock hard dirt. 6-18-12

Park Hopping Rock hard dirt. 6-18-12

Ive been park hopping and going to school yards open grass expanses. Here is what I have found in the last 2 weeks of probably 30 hours of detecting. Its slow going in this dry weather. I managed to hit one gold and one silver.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Hello Wisconsin!

Re: Park Hopping Rock hard dirt. 6-18-12

those are some good finds you have there congrats dennis

WTG !!!! thats what i usually do i love the parks and schools. i need to start branching out in to other citys though im starting to over hunt these same spots. What do you look for when picking a park or school ive been trying to find te older looking schools or parks but after seeing your good jewelry finds maybe i should be going to some more modern schools
    1 mercury

nice effort in the bad conditions- I'm waiting until it changes. Rock hard dirt is too tough for me. I might go out and mark some hits with some bamboo skewers until I can get back later.
    Between my machine beeping and my tinnitus - my ears/brain are very busy. Using a Ace 350.

My best jewelry finds are at soccer fields where the teams put down their duffel bags. Usually to the side of, or behind the team benches. And of course in woodchips I find jewelery that kids most likely 'borrowed' from mom and it didnt fit their wee size fingers. I also find a flux in jewelery finds in parks right bottom of hills where people sit. Ive also found multiple rings at baseball fields when there is a grass line behind the home plate, and just inches infront of a shotput pad at highschools. Its all about searching those hot spots Where do the sports kids put down those duffel bags!?

As for old parks... I usually just look up the age of a park, or some parks have EStablished dates right on the signs. And then I put A LOT of hours in
    Hello Wisconsin!

For bad conditions you have managed some nice finds. Congrats on the 10kt/diamond ring. Thanks also for the insight as to where to hunt and what to look out for.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album