Thread: Hello from Minnesota

Hello from Minnesota

Hello forum !!

I have been hunting for 20 years in the southern part of Minnesota. My weapon of choice is the White's V3i and my best spots are all Hunted Out.

I want to thank everyone in advance for the knowlege I'm sure to gain.

Vin
    Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but only spend it once.

Re: Hello from Minnesota

hello there and let me be the first to welcome you to a wonderful community

i just started not to long ago and live in south florida.
    not much relics here but i find alot of coins and weird stuff with the occasional jewelry here and there.

glad you joined.
    Start with optimism and you will Finish with satisfaction!

Welcome from Iowa Vinny. Glad you joined our group.
    I'm with you... the 'Hunted Out' parks are my bread and butter.

Looking forward to your posts. :->

Welcome Mostly a Minelab user here (I have a v3i also) but I like the hunted out parks too

Glad you found the forum!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

hello and welcome to the forum , tell me Vin what is your most memorable find in 20 years ??

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome from southern Nevada.

I like hunted out places...not much clad to mess with. |
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome from Illinois!

I, too, love hunted out parks!

Glad to have you here on American Detectorist, Vinny!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Welcome from western MA. I also am running with the V3i. Hunted out, surley you jest. I worked for Schwans for many years and have spent some time in Marshall, MN. Looking forward to your future posts and any finds that you have made previously. We all love pictures.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Welcome from Missouri Vinny. We're hunting a dozen parks down here, and don't really know how much activity they have had As much clad as we are pulling out, I would say semi virgin territory. Well, good hunting to you Vin thumbsup01 and don't for get to post some pic's. You bound to have some good stuff in your pile that we could view from the the past 20 yrs. Eric
    Just one more Beep!

I was going to say up your nose with a rubber hose but it occurred to me that VB is your real name. lol :: In any event welcome to the forum and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=10435.msg115295#msg115295 date=1340785141
    hello and welcome to the forum , tell me Vin what is your most memorable find in 20 years ??

Dan
    My most memorable find in 20 years of metal detecting is a hard question for me. We all love digging OLD silver, finding a ring that’s not junk or finding a civil war era bullet/artifact. My favorite finds are the quirky items where I need to look them up to see what heck it is and how old. One of my favorite items is this trade token from my home town. It has all the info on it I should need to find out how old and get the history of it…I can’t find a thing and haven’t seen another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

here is the back

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=10435.msg115316#msg115316 date=1340800930
    Welcome from western MA. I also am running with the V3i. Hunted out, surley you jest. I worked for Schwans for many years and have spent some time in Marshall, MN. Looking forward to your future posts and any finds that you have made previously. We all love pictures.
    Here is my favorite find from 2012 so far!!!

Boy Scout neckerchief slide from the 50’s. It says “Strengthen the arm of Liberty” on it.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm glad to see another Midwesterner found us. HH

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Candidate Member

Welcome to the forum neighbor !! I am new also here and new to detecting, just starting out in SE Wisconsin. Your token and BS slide are awesome, they are the kinds of things I am looking forward to finding. HH

Kelly

Thanks Kelly!

Everyone here likes pictures so I plan to post all my new stuff and put on some of my what is its?

Good luck to you on your new hobby!!

Vin