Thread: At Pro first gold

Threaded View

At Pro first gold

Went detecting Saturday. First stopped at a little park with a tot lot. I stayed longer than I planned. It just wasn't from the retrievals, it was a very entertaining morning. It appears that 6 different parties were happening. I should say six different groups of people were running for the tables under the trees. I didn't think grandma could run so fast.I missed my opportunity to get to the river beach before the crowds arrived. I was going to call it a day. On my home, I passed a junior high school two blocks from where I live. Been there, done that many times over the years. The athletic field is used for soccer, football, lacrosse and rugby. I decided to stop and use my AT Pro. After about thirty minutes in to it, I got a strange signal showing at 6. Much to my surprise out came #25 for the year. There was no guessing about this one.
    One (maybe two or three) happy dance later, I headed for home. This is the first gold ring with the AT Pro. With the 750 marking, it appears to be of European origin. 750 translates to 18kt, which is another first for me, and the 18kt acid test passed. The stone appears to be black onyx. The neatest thing is I don't have to give over to my wife. It fits me. That's a first. I went back to the same field for an evening hunt yesterday. Although no gold showed, I was able to hit on this silver ring, #26. It appears the lawnmower jockey got a hold of it. Even with the shape it's in, it fits my thumb. I reckon the wine country lads have grown in size. You got to love the AT Pro. Thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Digger of dirt and proud of it